Welcome to Dallas
Fast-growing Dallas is one of the top destinations for young adults seeking new opportunities. AmeriCorps members here are dedicated to helping their students thrive inside and outside the classroom.
Living in Dallas
Dallas helps to make up the largest metropolitan area of the Southern United States and is full rich history and distinct cultures, making it an ideal place to spend a year making an impact. We are so excited to help you make Dallas your new home.
- First-year City Year AmeriCorps members serving in Dallas will receive a bi-weekly stipend of $1,122 (pre-tax). Additionally, AmeriCorps members will receive health insurance, access to Employee Assistance and Talkspace Therapy programs, as well as relocation support and other benefits.
- Average rental and utility costs for a two-bedroom apartment are $1,800/month.
- We recommend Apartment Finder to help find your new home.
- AmeriCorps members in need of transportation assistance are eligible to receive free Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) light rail and bus passes for the year. While DART is available, most AmeriCorps members would recommend bringing a personal vehicle to Dallas if possible.
- There are plenty of cheap eats and free activities around the city or look into Dallas’ Food Assistance program.