City Year Dallas
Fast-growing Dallas is one of the top destinations for young adults seeking new opportunities. AmeriCorps members here are dedicated to helping their students thrive inside and outside the classroom.
We are working to address the lack of equitable access to educational opportunities. Our City Year Dallas AmeriCorps members partner with teachers and schools to add more support and to help create learning environments where all students can build on their strengths and fully engage in their learning.
Accelerating academic growth in Dallas
- 44% of students tutored by City Year met or exceeded one year of growth in English Language Arts
- 38% of students tutored by City Year met or exceeded one year of growth in mathematics
Ensuring more students are on track to high school graduation
Research shows that even academically prepared students are at risk of falling off track. City Year Dallas supported students, ensuring that:
- 94% of students stayed on track in English Language Arts with a C or higher
- 92% of students stayed on track in mathematics with a C or higher
Partnering with teachers and principals
- 92% of partner teachers agree that AmeriCorps members fostered a positive learning environment for learning
- 100% of partner principals agree that City Year AmeriCorps members serve as positive role models
Advancing interpersonal and workforce readiness
- 67% of students who were identified as needing support made significant progress on key social-emotional skills related to college and career readiness
New research from the Everyone Graduates Center shows City Year’s approach is successful in advancing student social-emotional and academic outcomes.Read more about National study finds significant relationship between social-emotional learning and academic outcomes
With so many online resources how do you find the best ones for your students? City Year created, vetted, and...Read more about Helpful resources to support students during COVID-19
Team Leader, Mina Raj, shares more about her experience serving virtually and shares more insight on what a “day in...Read more about A Day in the Life of Virtual Service
Choosing to serve In April 2018, Kristina Stamm was working as an intake specialist at a local hospital. After graduating...Read more about Reflections on the start of service at City Year
Contributing to a clearer, bolder vision
of what public schools can and should be for all children: places of learning, exploration and risk-taking, where every student feels safe and connected to the school community.Learn how impact happens
Everything we do—every student and AmeriCorps member we support—would not be possible without our partners.