City Year Dallas
Fast-growing Dallas is one of the top destinations for young adults seeking new opportunities. AmeriCorps members here are dedicated to helping their students thrive inside and outside the classroom.
We are working to address the lack of equitable access to educational opportunities. Our City Year Dallas AmeriCorps members partner with teachers and schools to add more support and to help create learning environments where all students can build on their strengths and fully engage in their learning.
Accelerating academic growth in Dallas
- 54% of students tutored by City Year Dallas met or exceeded one year of growth in Reading vs 46% districtwide
- 48% of students tutored by City Year Dallas met or exceeded one year of growth in Math vs 47% districtwide
Partnering with teachers and school administrators
- 100% of school administrators were satisfied with the overall experience of partnering with City Year
- 100% of school administrators were satisfied with the overall quality of service provided by City Year
- 100% of school administrators agreed that City Year AmeriCorps members serve as positive role models
Advancing interpersonal and workforce readiness
- 67% of students who were identified as needing support made significant progress on key social-emotional skills related to college and career readiness
Student learning involves a combination of “catching up” and “keeping up” in the classroom. Here is how City Year AmeriCorps...Read more about Catching up and keeping up in the classroom
Your ballot counts! Help City Year bring together educators to discuss how to prioritize anti-racist research strategies in education.Read more about Vote to help City Year win a spot at SXSW EDU!
Student success coaching represents what we’ve learned from our decade-and-a-half of serving in schools and hope to do alongside students,...Read more about The six drivers of student success coaching
Establishing a Student Success Corps would help increase capacity in systemically under-resourced schools and help improve student engagement and graduation...Read more about Student success coaches can help students graduate
Contributing to a clearer, bolder vision
of what public schools can and should be for all children: places of learning, exploration and risk-taking, where every student feels safe and connected to the school community.Learn how impact happens
Everything we do—every student and AmeriCorps member we support—would not be possible without our partners.