City Year Dallas
Fast-growing Dallas is one of the top destinations for young adults seeking new opportunities. AmeriCorps members here are dedicated to helping their students thrive inside and outside the classroom.
We are working to address the lack of equitable access to educational opportunities. Our City Year Dallas AmeriCorps members partner with teachers and schools to add more support and to help create learning environments where all students can build on their strengths and fully engage in their learning.
Accelerating academic growth in Dallas
- 44% of students tutored by City Year met or exceeded one year of growth in English Language Arts
- 38% of students tutored by City Year met or exceeded one year of growth in mathematics
Ensuring more students are on track to high school graduation
Research shows that even academically prepared students are at risk of falling off track. City Year Dallas supported students, ensuring that:
- 94% of students stayed on track in English Language Arts with a C or higher
- 92% of students stayed on track in mathematics with a C or higher
Partnering with teachers and principals
- 92% of partner teachers agree that AmeriCorps members fostered a positive learning environment for learning
- 100% of partner principals agree that City Year AmeriCorps members serve as positive role models
Advancing interpersonal and workforce readiness
- 67% of students who were identified as needing support made significant progress on key social-emotional skills related to college and career readiness
Student success coaching represents what we’ve learned from our decade-and-a-half of serving in schools and hope to do alongside students,...Read more about The six drivers of student success coaching
Establishing a Student Success Corps would help increase capacity in systemically under-resourced schools and help improve student engagement and graduation...Read more about Student success coaches can help students graduate
We’re pleased to share our annual report, a look back at our work in 2019-2020—a year of challenge, learning and...Read more about Reflecting on a remarkable year with City Year's Annual Report
Your ballot counts! Take a few minutes to help City Year share its vision for advancing educational equity and supporting...Read more about Vote to help City Year win a spot at SXSW EDU!
Contributing to a clearer, bolder vision
of what public schools can and should be for all children: places of learning, exploration and risk-taking, where every student feels safe and connected to the school community.Learn how impact happens
Everything we do—every student and AmeriCorps member we support—would not be possible without our partners.