City Year San Antonio
San Antonio is home to a close-knit and welcoming community known for its rich cultural heritage. City Year San Antonio works alongside teachers and community partners to support students across the city.
Contributing to a clearer, bolder vision.
City Year San Antonio serves nine partner schools in the San Antonio Independent School District. We believe that public schools can and should be places of learning, exploration, and risk-taking, where every student feels safe and connected to the school community.Learn how impact happens Partnerships | San Antonio
We are working to address the lack of equitable access to educational opportunities. Our City Year San Antonio AmeriCorps members partner with teachers and schools to add more support and to help create learning environments where all students can build on their strengths and fully engage in their learning.
Ensuring more students are on track to high school graduation
Research shows that even academically prepared students are at risk of falling off track. City Year supported students, ensuring that:
- 91% of City Year students across all eight schools who were at risk of failing English Language Arts (ELA), maintained a C or above.
- 94% of City Year students across all eight schools who were at risk of failing math, maintained a C or above.
Fewer off-track students
- 66% of City Year students across all eight schools, previously failing ELA, raised their grade to C or above by the end of the year.
- 64% of City Year students across all eight schools, previously failing math, raised their grade to C or above by the end of the year.
Advancing interpersonal and workforce readiness skills
- 231 school days were collectively recovered through attendance initiatives provided by City Year.
- 67% of City Year students demonstrated growth in behavior and social emotional skills, which research shows contributes to college and career readiness.
Partnering with teachers and principals
- 100% of principals agree City Year-led after-school programs helped to foster students’ social-emotional learning.
- 85% of teachers agree Corps members help to improve students’ time spent on learning tasks.
- 81% of teachers agree Corps members help to provide essential academic support students wouldn’t otherwise receive.
“Everyone can be great because everyone can serve.” – Martin Luther King Jr. City Year San Antonio was honored...Read more about City Year Marches for Unity: San Antonio's 36th MLK Jr. March
At City Year, like many organizations, we live in a world of acronyms. As an alumna, I believe the most...Read more about Life After City Year: Pathways for the Future
The 2021 – 2022 academic year marked our 25th year of partnership with the San Antonio Independent School District (SAISD)....Read more about Reactive to Proactive | City Year San Antonio's Five-Year Pandemic Recovery Plan
City Year San Antonio created our Circle of Champions to support our strategic Five-Year Pandemic Recovery plan. Our Champions are...Read more about City Year's Circle of Champions
More than 80 AmeriCorps members positively impact nearly 7000 students in San Antonio.
Everything we do—every student and AmeriCorps member we support—would not be possible without our partners.
City Year enables the leaders of tomorrow to impact our communities today. Join us in helping all students thrive.