City Year San Antonio
San Antonio is home to a close-knit and welcoming community known for its rich cultural heritage. City Year San Antonio works alongside teachers and community partners to support students across the city.
We are working to address the lack of equitable access to educational opportunities. Our City Year San Antonio AmeriCorps members partner with teachers and schools to add more support and to help create learning environments where all students can build on their strengths and fully engage in their learning.
Accelerating academic growth in San Antonio
- 46% of students tutored by City Year met or exceeded one year of growth in English Language Arts
- 44% of students tutored by City Year met or exceeded one year of growth in mathematics
Ensuring more students are on track to high school graduation
Research shows that even academically prepared students are at risk of falling off track. City Year supported students, ensuring that:
- 78% of students stayed on track in English Language Arts with a C or higher
- 79% of students stayed on track in mathematics with a C or higher
Fewer off-track students
- 56% of students who started the year with a D or F in English Language Arts courses who were tutored by City Year AmeriCorps members ended the year with an A, B or C
- 67% of students who started the year with a D or F in math courses who were tutored by City Year AmeriCorps members ended the year with an A, B or C
Advancing interpersonal and workforce readiness skills
- 78% of students who were identified as needing support made significant progress on key social-emotional skills related to college and career readiness
Partnering with teachers and principals
- 94% of partner teachers agree that AmeriCorps members fostered a positive learning environment for learning
- 100% of partner principals agree that City Year has an overall positive impact on their school’s climate
Contributing to a clearer, bolder vision
of what public schools can and should be for all children: places of learning, exploration and risk-taking, where every student feels safe and connected to the school community.Learn how impact happens
Meet our corps
More than 80 AmeriCorps members positively impact nearly 7000 students in San Antonio.
Everything we do—every student and AmeriCorps member we support—would not be possible without our partners.