Welcome to Denver
With more than 300 days of sunshine each year, Denver is a place that makes your future look bright. Our AmeriCorps members help students feel welcome and connected to their school community, develop their strengths, and persist through challenges.
Living in Denver
Located in the Rocky Mountains and a hub of outdoor activity, Denver is the ideal city to spend a year making an impact. Considered the modern-day urban frontier, Denver is a welcoming and energetic city that is full of young professionals and picturesque landscapes. We are so excited to help you make this great city your new home.Explore local housing
- AmeriCorps members pay about $592 in rent and typically live in Hale, Berkeley, Capitol Hill, RiNo and LoDo.
- We recommend Vita Locators apartment finder and Roommate Finder to help find your new home.
- City Year AmeriCorps members are eligible to receive a free public bus pass for Denver Transit (RTD) if needed. Our members also opt to use personal vehicles or a carpool with teammates.
- There are plenty of cheap eats and free activities around the city, or look into Denver’s food assistance program.
Helpful links for your City Year in Denver
- Take advantage of the free things to do in Denver
- Attend a free festival or event
- Take a free, self-guided walking tour of the U.S. Mint
- Go on an urban hike within city limits via Cherry Creek Trail or Sand Creek Regional Greenway
- See a concert or just explore the beautiful and famous Red Rocks Park and Amphitheater
- Get to know Denver by checking out its distinct neighborhoods
- Cruise around town using Denver’s bike share program