City Year Tulsa
Together we can make a difference for Tulsa’s students across our growing city, where a commitment to community, philanthropy, innovation and creativity fuels a modern pioneering spirit and inspires us to help students and young people thrive.
We are working to address the lack of equitable access to educational opportunities. Our City Year Tulsa AmeriCorps members partner with teachers and schools to add more support and to help create learning environments where all students can build on their strengths and fully engage in their learning. At City Year Tulsa, over 1,000 unique students receive individualized support, with over 6,000 students receiving whole school whole child support.
Accelerating academic growth in Tulsa
- 46% of students tutored by City Year met or exceeded one year of growth in English Language Arts.
- 48% of students tutored by City Year met or exceeded one year of growth in mathematics.
Ensuring more students are on track to high school graduation
Research shows that even academically prepared students are at risk of falling off track. City Year supported students, ensuring that:
- 78% of students stayed on track in English Language Arts with a C or higher.
- 74% of students stayed on track in mathematics with a C or higher.
Advancing interpersonal and workforce readiness skills
- 61% of students who were identified as needing support made significant progress on key social-emotional skills related to college and career readiness.
Partnering with teachers and principals
- 98% of partner teachers reported that City Year AmeriCorps members have a positive impact on the overall school climate by providing academic support that students would not receive otherwise, improving students’ academic performance, increasing students enjoyment of school, and more.
- 87% of partner principals agree that City Year AmeriCorps members serve as positive role models.
City Year Tulsa AmeriCorps members are embedded in the school and become part of our fabric and personality.
City Year is committed to learning from partners and the communities we serve to reimagine the future of our student-level...Read more about When classes resume, City Year will be there for students
New research from the Everyone Graduates Center shows City Year’s approach is successful in advancing student social-emotional and academic outcomes.Read more about National study finds significant relationship between social-emotional learning and academic outcomes
With so many online resources how do you find the best ones for your students? City Year created, vetted, and...Read more about Helpful resources to support students during COVID-19
Team Leader, Mina Raj, shares more about her experience serving virtually and shares more insight on what a “day in...Read more about A Day in the Life of Virtual Service
Contributing to a clearer, bolder vision
of what public schools can and should be for all children: places of learning, exploration and risk-taking, where every student feels safe and connected to the school community.Learn how impact happens
More than 65 AmeriCorps members positively impact nearly 6,100 students in Tulsa.
Everything we do—every student and AmeriCorps member we support—would not be possible without our partners.