City Year Tulsa
Together we can make a difference for Tulsa’s students across our growing city, where a commitment to community, philanthropy, innovation and creativity fuels a modern pioneering spirit and inspires us to help students and young people thrive.
We are working to address the lack of equitable access to educational opportunities. Our City Year Tulsa AmeriCorps members partner with teachers and schools to add more support and to help create learning environments where all students can build on their strengths and fully engage in their learning. At City Year Tulsa, over 1,000 unique students receive individualized support, with over 6,000 students receiving whole school, whole child support.
Accelerating academic growth in Tulsa
- 46% of students tutored by City Year met or exceeded one year of growth in English Language Arts.
- 48% of students tutored by City Year met or exceeded one year of growth in mathematics.
Ensuring more students are on track to high school graduation
Research shows that even academically prepared students are at risk of falling off track. City Year supported students, ensuring that:
- 78% of students stayed on track in English Language Arts with a C or higher.
- 74% of students stayed on track in mathematics with a C or higher.
Advancing interpersonal and workforce readiness skills
- 61% of students who were identified as needing support made significant progress on key social-emotional skills related to college and career readiness.
Partnering with teachers and principals
- 98% of partner teachers reported that City Year AmeriCorps members have a positive impact on the overall school climate by providing academic support that students would not receive otherwise, improving students’ academic performance, increasing students enjoyment of school, and more.
- 87% of partner principals agree that City Year AmeriCorps members serve as positive role models.
City Year Tulsa AmeriCorps members are embedded in the school and become part of our fabric and personality.
We’re pleased to share our annual report, a look back at our work in 2019-2020—a year of challenge, learning and...Read more about Reflecting on a remarkable year with City Year's Annual Report
Your ballot counts! Take a few minutes to help City Year share its vision for advancing educational equity and supporting...Read more about Vote to help City Year win a spot at SXSW EDU!
Throughout the pandemic, City Year’s Network for School Improvement has helped educators find new ways to prioritize the well-being of...Read more about Advancing educational equity with the Network for School Improvement during COVID-19
The challenges of COVID-19 showed how essential student success coaches can be. AmeriCorps members collaborated with teachers and communities to...Read more about What the COVID-19 pandemic taught us about supporting students and practitioners
Contributing to a clearer, bolder vision
of what public schools can and should be for all children: places of learning, exploration and risk-taking, where every student feels safe and connected to the school community.Learn how impact happens
More than 65 AmeriCorps members positively impact nearly 6,100 students in Tulsa.
Everything we do—every student and AmeriCorps member we support—would not be possible without our partners.