City Year Miami
A city with exploding growth, Miami’s unique culture is reflected in its welcoming and energetic atmosphere, and many newcomers welcome the opportunity to shape the city into a model for the future of America.
Welcome to Miami
There is so much to do all over Miami-Dade County. The city offers natural beauty, gorgeous beaches, an expansive arts scene and vibrant culture. Our AmeriCorps members serve in culturally diverse communities that all have enriching events and things to be involved in. Miami has beautiful museums and one of a kind events like The Miami Book Fair.
- Average rental cost for a two-bedroom in Miami is $1000–$1500/month (usually split between roommates). AmeriCorps members typically live in Little Haiti, Little Havana, Homestead, North Miami, Liberty City and South Miami and have roommates.
- We recommend connecting with our Recruitment & Admissions team to help in the apartment search.
- AmeriCorps members receive a free Miami Dade Transit pass each month. The Miami Dade Transit consists of unlimited use of buses and trains, but our corps members are encouraged to bring a car if possible.
Helpful links for your City Year in Miami
- Attend the Design District Gallery Art Walks or explore Discounted Cultural Arts Tickets
- Visit one of the city’s great museums on free museum days
- Hear world-renowned authors at Books and Books
- Enjoy various free events hosted by the Miami-Dade Public Library
- Free concerts at Bayside Marketplace
- Spend a fun weekend with your friends in the Everglades
- Affordable boat rides/tours
- Visit the underwater world in Biscayne National Park
- Local farmers markets and U-Pick