A home to young idealists
Detroit is known as the “Motor City of the World.” According to the young people of Detroit and Forbes magazine, it is also one of the top ten happiest cities to live in. It is full of young idealists who are breathing new life into the city that fell on hard times. With Detroit’s small town feel and affordable cost of living, there is an endless list of ways to enjoy your time in Detroit. The downtown area is entirely walkable, so take a stroll down the Detroit Riverwalk or a self-guided tour of the city’s architectural gems.
If you are looking to learn something new, head down to the Ford Factory for a tour of the latest automotive innovations. Detroit is also the home to Motown. To help you find your rhythm, attend the Detroit International Jazz Festival for the smooth sounds of brass instruments or visit the Motown Museum.
Useful Detroit Links
Fun Things to Do
- Find 20 free things to do in Detroit
- Download the free iPad app Jetpack City Guides
- Run or walk down the Detroit Riverwalk
- Take a free self-guided architectural walking tour of Detroit
- Attend the annual Detroit International Jazz Festival
- Satisfy your sweet tooth on Sanders Candy Factory Tour
- Get your free Michigan Adventure Pass and get discounted deals
- Take a Ford Factory Tour to learn about the automotive industry