Clark University School of Professional Studies
City Year is proud to partner with Clark University’s School of Professional Studies, offering tuition scholarships to City Year applicants.
Clark University’s School of Professional Studies offers City Year AmeriCorps members, alums and staff
All eligible City Year applicants will receive a minimum 50% tuition scholarship to a qualifying master’s program.
Scholarships are awarded to City Year AmeriCorps members and alums who complete at least one term of service and City Year staff employed for at least two years.
These scholarships represent the minimum awards; applicants may be considered for additional merit-based aid depending on the strength of their application.
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Science in professional communication
- Master of Science in information technology
- Application fee waiver
- Enrollment deferral: a one-year deferral for admitted students who decide to serve additional time with City Year before starting their studies.
Why City Year loves Clark University’s School of Professional Studies
As the first all-graduate institution in the United States, Clark University has a long history of excellence in graduate education. For more than 75 years, Clark University’s School of Professional Studies has strengthened that reputation by delivering relevant, rigorous academic programs for professional learners and recent college graduates seeking to advance in their careers. With students from more than 90 countries and partnerships with 150 nonprofits and businesses around the world, the School of Professional Studies recognizes that today’s classroom spans the world.
Visit Clark University’s graduate admissions website to apply online.
To identify your City Year affiliation
To identify your City Year affiliation, please request an official service verification letter by emailing the City Year Alumni and Career Services Department at email@example.com with “Clark University School of Professional Studies: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and dates of service. This letter will be sent back to you, and it should be uploaded to your application.
To upload the service verification letter to the online application:
- There is a question on the application information page that asks, “Will you be receiving any outside (non-Clark) sources of assistance, including financial assistance from your employer?” City Year applicants should answer, “Yes.”
- A “please specify” drop-down box appears, and applicants can identify themselves as “City Year” applicants from the drop-down menu.
- Once the applicant submits their application, they will be prompted to pay their application fee in the applicant status page. City Year applicants should NOT pay the application fee. Instead, upload your description of service under “upload materials.”
To access the application fee waiver and apply for the scholarship
Upon receipt of your application with the service verification letter, the admissions office will communicate that your application fee has been waived, and you will be considered for the scholarship described above.
To contact the admissions office
Please call (508) 793-7373 or email GradAdmissions@clarku.edu with any questions.
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. AmeriCorps members, alums and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.