City Year Providence
Providence has great food, architecture, history, colleges and culture. A magnet for creatives and young people, Providence is committed to improving education for its students. City Year is proud to work in partnership with the city’s public schools to achieve this goal.
We are working to address the lack of equitable access to educational opportunities. Our City Year Providence AmeriCorps members partner with teachers and schools to add more support and to help create learning environments where all students can build on their strengths and fully engage in their learning.
Ensuring more Providence students are on track to high school graduation
Research shows that even academically prepared students are at risk of falling off track. City Year supported students, ensuring that:
- 87% of students stayed on track in English Language Arts with a C or higher
- 91% of students stayed on track in mathematics with a C or higher
Advancing Interpersonal and Workforce Readiness Skills
- 75% of students who were identified as needing support made significant progress on key social-emotional skills related to college and career readiness
Partnering with Teachers and Principals
- 95% of partner teachers agree that AmeriCorps members fostered a positive learning environment for learning
- 100% of partner principals agree that City Year has an overall positive impact on their school’s climate
Contributing to a clearer, bolder vision
of what public schools can and should be for all children: places of learning, exploration and risk-taking, where every student feels safe and connected to the school community.Learn how impact happens
More than 60 AmeriCorps members positively impact nearly 5,000 students in Providence.
Everything we do—every student and AmeriCorps member we support—would not be possible without our partners.