Welcome to Little Rock
Little Rock is home to a close-knit and welcoming community known for its commitment to improving education. City Year Little Rock works alongside teachers and community partners to support students across the city.
Living in Little Rock
Known as the natural state, Little Rock is a mid-size city that offers a lot to explore including a vibrant downtown with many free or low-cost community events as well as short drives to some of the best hikes, lakes and trails that nature has to offer.
- Average rental cost for a two-bedroom in Little Rock and surrounding areas ranges between $500–$900/month when living with a roommate. Popular neighborhoods include: Midtown, Downtown, SoMa, Stift Station and Otter Creek.
- We recommend Apartment Finder to help find your new home.
- AmeriCorps members are encouraged to have a personal vehicle or carpool with teammates. Public transportation can be used for personal activities but are not routed to all of our schools. Check out the Rock Region Metro website for more information on bus routes and trolley routes.
- There are plenty of cheap eats and free activities around the city. Downtown Little Rock is a host to many activities including electric scooters, art walks, Museum of Discovery, Clinton Presidential Center (free for AmeriCorps members), jazz concerts, movies in the park and so much more.
- The Arkansas Foodbank also provides food assistance programs in Little Rock.