We imagine a future where learning thrives everywhere.
Location: Greater Boston/North Shore
The preferred application deadline for this position is June 12, 2023. Please note that we do not guarantee review of applications after this date.
Since its inception in 2017, the WPS Institute has offered programs for teachers and students with a focus on fostering educational innovation and opportunity. As a non-profit education start-up, we seek to advance a model of education where learning thrives everywhere, not just in school; where young people and their families are empowered to shape their own educational journeys; and where entire communities contribute to the education of their young people.
As a partner to communities, WPS provides wraparound support to launch innovative experiments in student-centered learning, including research and development; program design; professional learning; implementation support; evaluation; and seed funding. In 2022, we launched our first Community Innovation Partnership in Salem, MA, working in collaboration with local schools, families, and community partners to reimagine middle school with offerings that are relevant, experiential, and open-walled. In 2023, WPS is expanding programming to other communities in Massachusetts, with an emphasis on supporting a learning ecosystem on the North Shore.
WPS employees are currently working as a hybrid team. Most team members are based in Greater Boston and divide their time between the WPS campus in Newton, MA, our pilot site in Salem, and home offices.
About the Role
WPS seeks a Program Manager to join its small and growing team. The Program Manager will provide responsive and expert design and implementation support to our school partners, helping them to deliver more relevant, personalized and engaging learning experiences to students. They will also support the Director of Program Development to develop partnerships, resources, and events that grow WPS’s impact in the region and beyond.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Instructional Support & Product Design
- Manage curriculum design and instructional support for teachers in the Collins Middle School pilot and other WPS school pilots.
- Undertake research, curation and procurement of resources and materials that support personalized learning, place- and project-based learning, and design-studio learning.
- In partnership with Pilot Dean, manage analysis of student interim assessment data and facilitate teacher develop of targeted academic growth plans
Program and Partnerships
- Provide support and coordination for Community Learning Partnerships, including learning experience co-design, managing creation of teaching and learning resources, and meeting facilitation.
- In collaboration with the Director of Programs, co-design planning and facilitation of educator professional learning, and in-service meetings.
- Assist in the preparation of stakeholder communication and engagement activities.
- Manage internal and external communication processes in partnership with team
- Exhibits interest in and commitment to educational innovation and learner-centered approaches
- Displays a love of learning and an open-minded, creative, and intellectually curious approach to work
- Demonstrates a commitment to educational equity and believes that all students, regardless of their prior experiences with school, have the capacity to learn, grow and be successful
- Embraces the use of research and technology to strengthen teaching and learning endeavors
- Enjoys collaboration, thought-partnership, the exchange of ideas, and working with highly committed colleagues in a professional learning community
- Embraces engaging in varied work that ranges from being highly generative and conceptual to execution and operationally focused
- Exercises comfort, flexibility, and adaptivity in a highly fluid start-up environment that requires team members to take on a range of responsibilities and contribute on multiple fronts
Desired Skills, Education and Experience
WPS understands that restrictive job requirements may exclude historically marginalized groups from applying to jobs for which they are qualified. We strive to take an equitable and holistic screening approach. If you feel you have demonstrated experience and expertise relevant to perform this role, please don’t hesitate to apply.
- 4+ years teaching experience at the elementary, middle or high school level and 2+ years coaching, curriculum coordination, and/or instructional leadership experience
- Experience with personalized learning, place- and project-based learning, or design pedagogy
- Strong executive functioning, problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze, and organize information and data into clear, usable formats and outputs
- Proven capacity to work effectively as a team member
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to navigate individual and institutional partnership relationships
- Self-starter and ability to engage in a fast-paced, start up environment
The salary for this position will be between $70,000 and $80,000 per year. WPS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including generous vacation time, health, vision, and dental insurance (90% employer paid premiums), 401(K) with 5% employer match, life and disability insurance, and ancillary health benefits with access to a flexible spending account, Teladoc virtual health services, and online mental health therapy.
How to Apply
Please submit your application here. The preferred application deadline for this position is June 12, 2023. Please note that we do not guarantee review of applications after this date.
WPS is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
To apply for this job please visit jacqbennettconsulting.applytojob.com.
Nicole Tsang is a City Year New York alum and current City Year National staff member. She was honored with...Read more about Celebrating City Year alum Nicole Tsang
City Year San Antonio hosted its annual Ripples of Hope event, Tuesday, May 2nd at the San Antonio Botanical Garden....Read more about Ripples of Hope 2023 Recap
My name is Rebecca Begemann, and I am a Second Year AmeriCorps member serving at Brighton High School in Boston,...Read more about Consistency Really is Key
Compass Academy, a charter public school in Denver, is thriving by holistically supporting its middle school students, many of whom...Read more about Compass Academy develops leaders and learners