Website UTEC, Inc.
Term of Contract: February 20, 2023 – June 30, 2023 (with the possibility of extending)
Contract Award: The budget is $50-$100 hourly, approximately 20-30 hrs per month.
Deadline to apply: February 10, 2023
UTEC’s mission is to ignite and nurture the ambition of our most disengaged youth to
trade violence and poverty for social and economic success. UTEC’s model begins with
intensive street outreach, reaching proven high-risk youth in their neighborhoods, in
times of crisis, or “behind the walls”as they prepare to reenter the community from
incarceration. UTEC intentionally centralizes paid employment, onsite education, and
intensive support services under one roof to best “hold” young adults who are often
challenging to engage and have not succeeded in other programs. UTEC’s primary
outcomes are: reduced recidivism, increased employability, and increased educational
attainment. For more info, please visit www.utecinc.org.
UTEC is seeking a consultant who is an excellent writer, knowledgeable about
fundraising methods, and committed to our mission. As an independent contractor, the
Grant Writer will be responsible for researching funding opportunities and developing
compelling proposals to help achieve 2023 fundraising goals. There will be a mix of
state, federal, and private/corporate foundation proposals covering a wide range of
subject matter. Funding needs include positive youth development for emerging adults,
criminal justice reform, job training and workforce development, social enterprises, and
gun violence prevention as well as general operations. The consultant will report to the
Director of Grants and Contracts and work closely with senior leaders across UTEC.
● Visit UTEC for a tour and orientation to Grants team procedures, including how to
work with UTEC’s grant tracking system (Salesforce)
● Participate in weekly Grants team check-in calls (virtual).
● Study and understand UTEC’s history, structure, programs, and financial needs
● Research and identify grant opportunities
● Develop grant proposals, grant reports, and supporting documents
● Edit grant proposals, grant reports, and supporting documents created by others
● Submit proposals to appropriate program and/or grants team members for approval
● Maintain positive relationships with funders and other stakeholders
● Maintain records and document status of each grant opportunity
● A minimum of two years experience in grant writing
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, communications, creative writing, or a
related area preferred
● Experience with proposal submission and fundraising process
● Ability to study and understand UTEC programs and funding requirements
● Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources
● Capacity to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities
● Ability to work as part of a team
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Excellent time management skills and attention to detail is a must!
● Commitment to social justice is essential; youth-serving experience is ideal
● Commitment to UTEC’s principles of social change, diversity, and community
● Strong computer and online literacy skills
● Experience with Salesforce a plus
We’re flexible on the approach you take, but we ask for the following key details to
be covered in a brief proposal:
● A brief description of your background and why you would be a good fit for UTEC
● A description of how you would approach this work
● Cost estimate, including hourly rate, and how you would bill your time
● References related to grant writing
Proposals should be submitted to email@example.com by February 10, 2023. If you have questions about UTEC or the role, contact Brenna Reagan from our hiring team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
The Everyone Graduates Center's multi-year research project on City Year's holistic support services shows how our approach increases trust in...Read more about Why building trust in schools matters
City Year Little Rock kicks off our inaugural Women’s Leadership Council, a new mentoring program for our female-identifying corps members.Read more about Empowering women leaders through mentorship
Any day of the year is the perfect opportunity to celebrate and support the women in your life. However, March...Read more about International Women’s Day
The story of Black History Month begins in 1915, half a century after the Thirteenth Amendment abolished slavery in the...Read more about The Origins of Black History Month and Why We Celebrate It