About K12 Coalition
K12 Coalition provides products and services that help K-12 schools and teachers achieve transformational learning outcomes. We tackle many of today’s toughest education challenges, including teacher recruitment and retention, student learning acceleration, ongoing teacher coaching and development, long-range strategic planning, and school equity audits. K12 Coalition came together when passionate educators with deep experience as teachers, school leaders and high-level district administrators saw a genuine need for something better. Our divisions include iteach, Teaching Channel, Insight Education Group and Lavinia Group.
iteach is a competency-based educator preparation program helping to fill the void the nation faces with the unprecedented teacher shortage. iteach enables paraprofessionals, substitute teachers, and others seeking to become teachers to get the affordable, time-saving education they need to become licensed. Our program combines the convenience of online learning with a full year of face-to-face mentorship during a teaching residency. Notably, iteach is the only non-university educator preparation program to achieve accreditation from the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Location: In-office in Denton, TX with potential up to 10% travel
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8am-5pm
The State Coordinator is responsible for the service of nascent states recently approved or needing additional resources to aid in growing enrollments. The State Coordinator’s time will be split between cultivating relationships with school district Human Resource offices and servicing customer inquiries. Through the conversations with school district personnel, the State Coordinator will work towards partnerships that provide pathways for new teachers to become certified. As states grow in enrollment, the State Coordinator will also take the initial lead on helping new teachers navigate enrollment and licensure in several nascent states.
What You’ll Do
Primarily, the State Coordinator will be responsible for:
Promoting the advantages and benefits of iteach by:
- Supporting districts to provide assistance
- Hosting informational sessions
- Serving as the point of contact for candidates through email and phone
- Increasing enrollment pipeline leading to increased hires
Additionally, the State Coordinator will:
- Establish relationships with districts/school systemsUpon state approval, begin outreach to district contact (warm/cold) to solicit interest in partnership (Grow Your Own, job fair, exclusive provider, etc.)
- Assess traction of conversations to inform increasing or decreasing energy into specific state growth
- Maintain state expertise to be the trusted certification partner and point of contact for districts/school systems
- Understand the program and licensure process for multiple statesProvide high-level service for 3-4 nascent states (lower enrollment with growth potential).
- Point of contact for our service teams for customer service support/training.
- Create systems/templates to ensure seamless transition for state operations to recruit a dedicated Program Director.
- Answer emails and phone calls from teacher candidates and district personnelProvide clear and informed service to teacher candidates needing understanding of our program.
- Ensure all communication is delivered in a digestible way ensuring they understand iteach is the best method for earning certification.
Who You Are
- You are values aligned – You share iteach’s commitment to develop premier educators to positively impact growth of self and students.
- You take initiative – You are ready to jump in whenever your team needs you and willing to get your hands dirty.
- You are service-oriented – You have had experience with customer service in the past. You are known for your “can-do” attitude and for always being graciously helpful.
- You are a collaborative relationship-builder – Your collaborative spirit means you are receptive to multiple viewpoints, you work well with others within and across teams and you exude excellent customer service. On the phone and in person, you are dynamic and engaging, with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- You shine as an independent problem-solver – You own your projects, solve problems proactively and think flexibly. You welcome feedback and apply it to future work. You take pride in meeting deadlines and your ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously. You learn processes and systems quickly and independently.
- College degree preferred
- 7 years of experience with educator preparation or similar work experience
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, and Drive)
Why Work with Us
We offer a wide variety of benefits, including flexible time off, maternity/paternity leave, medical/dental/vision insurance, and 401K.
Our Selection Process
Our selection process typically includes an online application, short phone interview, hiring manager interview, candidate exercise, final interview and reference check.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Commitment to Diversity
Equity is a driving force behind all of our decisions, including but never limited to hiring diverse professionals and engaging in honest and reflective dialogue on our lived experience and educational practice. We operate with the deep belief that our world, our schools, and our team are made stronger by respecting, listening to, and amplifying the voices of the communities we serve and the world around us. Therefore, our curricular offerings, our work together, and our work with schools, reflect a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. We strive to deliver services, products, and practices that are deeply rooted in equity for all children.
We are committed to building a diverse team to contribute to this work. We seek individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and prohibits discrimination based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, socioeconomic background or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We encourage all who share our mission to apply.
To apply for this job please visit k12coalition.bamboohr.com.
Nicole Tsang is a City Year New York alum and current City Year National staff member. She was honored with...Read more about Celebrating City Year alum Nicole Tsang
City Year San Antonio hosted its annual Ripples of Hope event, Tuesday, May 2nd at the San Antonio Botanical Garden....Read more about Ripples of Hope 2023 Recap
My name is Rebecca Begemann, and I am a Second Year AmeriCorps member serving at Brighton High School in Boston,...Read more about Consistency Really is Key
Compass Academy, a charter public school in Denver, is thriving by holistically supporting its middle school students, many of whom...Read more about Compass Academy develops leaders and learners