Website Circle of Service Foundation
The Circle of Service Foundation seeks a Program Associate who will support the Foundation’s Education Program in all aspects of grant review and grantmaking, including administration, research, and special projects.
The COSF Education program spans from early childhood through postsecondary and career success in Cook and Lake County, Illinois. The Program Associate will report to the Education Senior Program Officer and their time will be allocated approximately as follows:
- 50% support of grantmaking process, review, and recommendations
- 30% education projects, research, partnerships
- 20% communications and administrative support/other work as assigned
Assist in Grantmaking and Monitoring (approximately 50% of time)
- Support the Education Senior Program Officer in the grant review process, including checking grant materials for accuracy, scheduling site visits, and preparing materials for board and committee review.
- Insightfully evaluate grant proposals – including analyzing organization and program goals, outcomes, financial data, sources of funding and other relevant information, and appropriately applying qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Establish and maintain relationships with grant applicants – including communicating with grant applicants, conducting site visits and requesting and providing information related to the grantmaking process.
- Prepare summary and analysis of assigned grant proposals and recommendation of Foundation action.
- Monitor performance and progress of organizations receiving grants from the Foundation, thought-partner with Senior Program Officer and recommend interim Foundation action as appropriate.
Lead and Participate in Education Program Projects, Research, and Partnerships (approximately 30% of time)
- Analyze and synthesize trends and opportunities in the Foundation’s funding areas, in conjunction with the Senior Program Officer.
- Undertake research in areas of existing grantmaking and potential areas of future interest in the Education Program.
- Review and synthesize research, presentations, and other information relevant to the fields in which the Foundation works.
- Represent the Foundation to funder groups and other networks.
- Plan, coordinate and/or participate in Education Program projects as needed.
- Collaborate with other members of the Foundation’s team to support internal project priorities.
Communications and Administrative Support (approximately 20% of time)
- Revise and maintain the Foundation’s application and reporting tools, in coordination with the Director of Grants and Operations and the Grants Management team.
- Draft and maintain Foundation communications, including, but not limited to, the Foundation’s website, and communication with the board, grant applicants, grant recipients and others.
- Provide administrative support to the Education Program through scheduling, note-taking and other tasks, as needed.
- Maintain knowledge management systems within the Education Program.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in roles within or alongside the education community with a passion for education equity.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three to five years’ professional experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively among a team – both with internal colleagues and external colleagues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attentive to detail; excellent capacity to handle multiple projects simultaneously; strong time-management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a self-starter, not afraid to ask questions.
- Excellent organizational skills and qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
Demonstrated creativity and entrepreneurial spirit.
- A person described by their peers as humble, honest, hardworking, strategic, adaptable, and enthusiastic
- Compensation: Competitive and commensurate with experience. The salary range for the position will be discussed early in the interview process.
- Full-time position with at least two days/week expected in office in downtown Chicago. Additional in-office expectations may increase.
- When appropriate, travel to locations throughout Cook and Lake counties will be required regularly for site visits and other meetings.
- All Foundation coworkers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a “booster shot,” or to have been approved for a legally required accommodation.
- Insurance: Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Disability, Long-Term Care
401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Paid sick/floating holiday time
- Matching gift program
- Tuition assistance
- Paid family leave
Commitment to a Diverse and Inclusive Team:
The Foundation is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and actively invites applications from individuals who identify as a member of a traditionally marginalized and/or underrepresented community.
Please contact email@example.com if you have difficulty submitting your application via this JazzHR platform and/or have other technical concerns. The application review process will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The information contained in this job description is intended to convey information about the essential functions and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity
Please note that we will conduct a criminal background check prior to finalizing an offer, but we will use it in compliance with Illinois law – primarily to assess whether a candidate has one or more criminal convictions that would have a substantial relationship with the position.
We will also require a pre-employment drug test after a conditional offer of employment has been extended, noting that we will only test for drugs that are not legal under Illinois law.
To apply for this job please visit fftest.applytojob.com.
*Circle of Champion members as of 11/23/2022 We created our Circle of Champions to support our strategic Five-Year Pandemic Recovery...Read more about City Year's Circle of Champions | Strategic Partners Committed to Student Success
City Year San Antonio’s 2022 Impact Report gives an overview of the work done throughout the 2021 – 2022 school...Read more about 2022 Impact Report | Evidence of Impact
Below are highlights from our 2022 Impact Report (View Impact Report) and information on our Five-Year Pandemic Recovery Plan (View...Read more about Reactive to Proactive | City Year San Antonio's Five-Year Pandemic Recovery Plan
Hello there! My name is Mark Nealon and I am the proud Team Leader this year at Brighton High School,...Read more about Serving Today for a Better Tomorrow