City Year Greater Boston
While Boston’s nickname is The Hub, known for being a vibrant center for academia, business, tech and medicine, some students in Greater Boston face significant challenges every day. Together we can help students build on their strengths and thrive.
The support of corporate donors powers the service of our AmeriCorps members who are providing the vital academic, social and emotional supports students need to thrive in school and in life. Our corporate partnerships are customized to deliver on our shared goals. As a partner, you will:
- Invest in youth, supporting workforce development efforts for AmeriCorps members and skill-building sessions and workshops for students.
- Engage your employees, building morale and community among your employees through opportunities to participate in virtual and in-person service projects, volunteer opportunities and networking events.
- Enhance your brand, positioning your organization as a socially-active leader in Greater Boston through partnership recognition on social media, e-newsletters, at events and on collateral.
- Support your community, be a part of a network of resources working to address the systemic inequities facing our schools.
View our partners.
Ways to Partner with Us
Sponsor a team of AmeriCorps members who help create school environments where students can build on their strengths, take risks in their learning and feel connected to their school. Our flagship sponsorship program is designed to maximize your investment and your impact in the school community. Your organization’s team of eight to 10 corps members will provide the one-on-one and small group academic, social and emotional support that students need. Through a team sponsorship, your organization can:
Impact your community
- Maximize your investment in Boston and Everett students by supporting an entire City Year team and school community.
- Build a direct connection with a specific Boston or Everett school and its students.
- Receive regular updates on your team’s progress throughout the school year.
- Build employee engagement through participation in a customized service event for up to 100 volunteers.
- Participate in optional engagement events at your school such as report card conferencing or attendance incentive parties for students.
Enhance your brand
- Position your company as a socially active leader in Greater Boston through recognition on your team’s City Year uniform.
- Become a part of your team’s brand identity (e.g. The MFS Investment Management Team serving at Fenway High School).
- Engage in cross-promotional publicity opportunities throughout the year.
To learn more about team sponsorship opportunities, reach out to Mollie Puskar at email@example.com.
The impact that City Year has on students & teachers is striking, leading to increased attendance, stronger academic performance and better behavior in school. City Year is changing lives across our country every day, and Bain Capital is proud to join with all of you in supporting this organization.
Program sponsorship is our most flexible partnership opportunities and offers a range of sponsorship options for organizations to engage with City Year’s work in the Greater Boston community. Program sponsorships target different areas of our work including teacher pathways, STEM, diversity and inclusion, social-emotional learning and in-school service.
City Year Greater Boston hosts several events throughout the year that brings together hundreds of individuals at all levels of their careers, from all backgrounds, sectors, industries and professions, with energy for ensuring that Boston and Everett students have the supports they need to learn and thrive.
- Signature Event Sponsorship: We rely on our signature events, like our industry breakfasts and Starry Night, to raise the funds needed to sustain City Year’s vital work of helping students reach their full potential. Event sponsorships are available at a wide variety of levels, each of which provides unique benefits to your organization.
- Service Event Sponsorship: Our annual service events, like MLK Day of Service and Spring into Service, bring together hundreds of volunteers to make a difference in our community. These hands-on volunteer events provide opportunities to engage employees and help foster welcoming, positive school climates. Service projects are led by Greater Boston’s Civic Engagement team, a team of second-year AmeriCorps members that lead and organize service projects across Greater Boston that brighten school hallways, beautify walls with murals and provide students and classrooms with resources to enhance their school experience.
To learn more about event sponsorship opportunities, reach out to Mollie Puskar at firstname.lastname@example.org.