City Year Baton Rouge
There are four seasons in Baton Rouge: Football, Mardi Gras, Crawfish and Sneauxball! Whatever the season, you’ll find us working alongside teachers and community partners to support students across the city.
We are working to address the lack of equitable access to educational opportunities. Our City Year Baton Rouge AmeriCorps members partner with teachers and schools to add more support and to help create learning environments where all students can build on their strengths and fully engage in their learning.
Accelerating academic growth in Baton Rouge
- 45% of Math students tutored by City Year Baton Rouge AmeriCorps members ended the year on track with an A, B, or C
- 46% of literacy students tutored by City Year Baton Rouge AmeriCorps members ended the year on track with an A, B, or C
Ensuring more students are on track to high school graduation
- Research shows that even academically prepared students are at risk of falling off track. City Year Baton Rouge supported students, ensuring that:
- 85% of students stayed on track in English Language Arts with a C or higher
- 80% of students stayed on track in mathematics with a C or higher
Partnering with teachers and principals
- 85% of partner teachers are satisfied or very satisfied with the impact City Year Baton Rouge AmeriCorps members are having on students
- 78% of partner principals agree that their City Year Baton Rouge team provided quality service to their school
Advancing interpersonal and workforce readiness skills
- City Year Baton Rouge AmeriCorps members helped 60% of students identified as needing support in their social-emotional skills, including self-awareness, self-management and relationship development
City Year is a dominant thread in the fabric of our community. Their care, concern, and passionate service to citizens of our community, especially our youth, is an example for all of us to follow. City Year represents some of the best of Baton Rouge.
We’re pleased to share our annual report, a look back at our work in 2019-2020—a year of challenge, learning and...Read more about Reflecting on a remarkable year with City Year's Annual Report
Your ballot counts! Take a few minutes to help City Year share its vision for advancing educational equity and supporting...Read more about Vote to help City Year win a spot at SXSW EDU!
Throughout the pandemic, City Year’s Network for School Improvement has helped educators find new ways to prioritize the well-being of...Read more about Advancing educational equity with the Network for School Improvement during COVID-19
The challenges of COVID-19 showed how essential student success coaches can be. AmeriCorps members collaborated with teachers and communities to...Read more about What the COVID-19 pandemic taught us about supporting students and practitioners
Contributing to a clearer, bolder vision
of what public schools can and should be for all children: places of learning, exploration and risk-taking, where every student feels safe and connected to the school community.Learn how impact happens
80 AmeriCorps members positively impact nearly 4,200 students in Baton Rouge.
Everything we do—every student and AmeriCorps member we support—would not be possible without our partners.