New York University Wagner School of Public Service
City Year is proud to partner with New York University’s Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, a premiere graduate school that has been educating the world’s public service leaders since 1938, offering 50% annual tuition scholarships.
New York University’s Wagner Graduate School of Public Service offers City Year AmeriCorps members, alums and staff
The scholarship award will be equal to 50% of tuition for up to two City Year applicants per year to one of Wagner’s qualifying master’s programs. The scholarship may be renewed in subsequent years of the program for up to two years for full-time students or four years for part-time students.
Scholarships are awarded to City Year AmeriCorps members and alums who complete at least one term of service and City Year staff employed for at least two years.
The scholarships described above represent the minimum awards; applicants will be considered for additional merit-based aid depending on the strength of their application.
- Master of Public Administration in health policy and management
- Master of Public Administration in public and nonprofit management and policy
- Master of Science in public policy
- Master of Urban Planning
- Application fee waiver
- Enrollment deferral: Wagner will permit admitted students to defer enrollment by one year if they decide to serve additional time with City Year before starting their studies.
Why City Year loves New York University’s Wagner Graduate School of Public Service
New York University’s Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service prepares public service leaders to translate ideas into actions that have an effective and lasting impact on the public good. Its faculty’s research changes the way people frame, understand and act on important public issues. It provides its students with critical skills, access to all that New York City has to offer and a deep understanding of context surrounding public service challenges—which students use to improve cities and communities across the globe.
To identify your City Year affiliation
To identify your affiliation with City Year, a service verification letter must be requested by emailing the City Year Alumni and Career Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with “NYU Wagner: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line. Within the email, state the site where you served and dates of service. After receiving your letter, upload it into your Wagner application.
To access the application fee waiver and apply for the scholarship
To get the application fee waived and be considered for the scholarship:
- In your Wagner application, navigate to the “Wagner community” page and select “City Year” in the “affiliations” section.
- Click “continue” at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see a “fee waiver request” tab appear in the lefthand navigation bar. Click on that tab.
- Upload your official City Year service verification letter to this page.
- After your verification letter is uploaded, please submit your application without payment.
- After your application has been reviewed and verified by Wagner’s admissions office, you will be notified that your fee waiver is formally approved, and you will be considered for the scholarship.
To contact the admissions office
Please call (212) 998-7414 or email email@example.com with any questions.
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. AmeriCorps members, alums and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.