Make Tulsa Better. Get your Degree Free.
Shape the future of Tulsa
Joining City Year is your opportunity to shape the future of Tulsa.
It’s a way to build up the next generation and make our city a better place to live — for everyone — while also building up your future career plans.
Fill out the form and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this opportunity.
What is City Year Tulsa?
We’re a nonprofit program (through AmeriCorps) that invites people 18-25 to use their gap year between high school and college to volunteer with Tulsa Public Schools.
With this short-term commitment (just 11 months), you can hone your career skills, gain valuable work experience, and make a difference that directly makes lives better for the next generation.
Say hello to cool perks
When you join City Year Tulsa for 11 months of service, you’ll get great perks that make your service personally beneficial:
- Biweekly stipend of $1,122 in Tulsa
- Pre-planned time off
- Health insurance
- Localized benefits, including a free bus pass and free YMCA gym membership
- Full scholarships and grants for undergrad, graduate and post-graduate degrees with local university partners like OSU, OU-Tulsa, and TCC.
See the benefits in your career and life goals
Take what you gain from your time with City Year into your future career and life plans:
- Explore your passions in a new, vibrant environment that makes you grow.
- Take time to decide your next steps while giving back to your community.
- Build relationships with a network of like-minded people from all around the US.
- Be a part of Tulsa’s huge entrepreneurial spirit, and set yourself up for growth and learning that furthers your career plans.
- Enjoy everything that makes Tulsa a great place to live — outdoor activities, great music, socially conscious shops, locally brewed beer and coffee, affordable living, and a commitment to growing diversity
Dive headfirst into making Tulsa better
Your year of service allows you to give back to Tulsa in an intentional, rewarding way.
- Use your passion for building a better world by mentoring the next generation.
- Bring your individual experience, views and skills to students who need you the most.
- Live your values by helping to create greater opportunities for those who need it most.
- Shape Tulsa’s future and leave Tulsa better than you found it before you head off to college and beyond.
City Year alums love the experience
“I wanted a break from what I’ll be doing for the rest of my life… City Year is a great opportunity to take that break while also being a professional development opportunity and keeping me in a really trying, demanding job.”
“City Year Tulsa has helped me combine my passions and skills into work I can leave the office every day proud of. And that is by far the best professional development I could have ever imagined when I put on that red jacket.”
“Day by day, everything is new. Every day is a new day, a new experience and I’m loving it.”
“I will say this, service is really hard work. Making an impact in your community takes real commitment and that commitment is not for the faint of heart.”
Live out your values in a community you know and love — and want to see grow!
Here’s how to get started.
Discover how you can make the world a better place, get paid doing it, learn marketable skills, and get a free college degree.