Get your company involved:
Current Team Sponsors:
Our Team Sponsor offers a unique opportunity for partners to engage with City Year Washington, DC AmeriCorps members and build a connection with a specific DC school and its students. Your company's team of 8-15 AmeriCorps members will provide critical academic and social-emotional support to students who can benefit most from the extra time and attention City Year provides. Your company's Team Sponsorship can impact your local community, engage your employees, and enhance your company's brand.
Impact Your Community
- Maximize your investment in DC students by supporting an entire City Year team and school community
- Build a direct connection with a specific DC school and its students
- Receive regular updates on your team's progress throughout the school year
- Build employee engagement through participation in a customized service event for up to 100 volunteers
- Participate in engagement events at your school such as report card conferencing or attendance incentive parties for students
Enhance Your Brand
- Position your company as a socially active leader in DC through recognition on your team's City Year uniform
- Become a part of your team's brand identity (i.e. The Comcast NBC4 Team serving at Johnson Middle School)
- Engage in cross-promotional publicity opportunities throughout the year
Current Program Sponsors:
Program Sponsors support teams of AmeriCorps members and their service specifically in math, literacy, attendance, extended day programming, or social-emotional learning.
Impact Your Community
- Support student progress in specific focus areas
- Build a connection with DC schools and students
Engage Your Employees
- Build employee engagement through program-specific volunteer opportunities
- Promote positive work culture by participating in school-based volunteer events
Enhance Your Brand
- Position your company as a socially active leader in DC through recognition on City Year materials and website
- Engage in cross-promotional publicity opportunities aligned with your program area
Math Sponsor: Mastering algebra skills by the end of 9th grade builds a critical foundation for students' academic success. As a Math Program Sponsor, your support will provide targeted math tutoring and enrichment to students at risk of falling behind.
Literacy Sponsor: City Year AmeriCorps members help students develop grade-level proficiency in literacy so they stay on track to graduate high school. As a Literacy Program Sponsor, your support will provide structured reading and writing tutoring and enrichment to help improve students' performance over the course of a year.
Attendance Sponsor: Students with chronic absenteeism miss critical learning time which can have a significant impact on their academic progress. As an Attendance Program Sponsor, your support will help AmeriCorps members work with families and schools to improve attendance and recover valuable classroom time for students.
Extended Day Sponsor: Afterschool programming plays a pivotal role in helping students gain additional learning time beyond the school day. As an Extended Day Sponsor, your support will provide students with supplemental tutoring, homework help, and enrichment activities.
Social Emotional Learning Sponsor: Research indicates that mastery of social emotional learning is associated with greater well-being and better school performance. As a Social Emotional Learning Program Sponsor, your support will help AmeriCorps members work with students to develop key strategies and interpersonal skills to set them up for success in school and beyond.
Interested in learning more? Contact Gavin Ware at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.742.7368
Be a part of our annual events! City Year Washington, DC has event sponsorship opportunities throughout the year at many different price points. Events include:
- Legal Community Breakfast – November 2018: Join 150 members of the legal community to learn about the work City Year is doing and fundraise to allow City Year to continue that important work.
- Idealist Gala – May 2019: Join 500 community members for a formal dinner and program, celebrating the accomplishments of City Year's 189 AmeriCorps members and our annual Lifetime of Idealism Award recipient
- Service Sponsorship – Sponsor multiple service-oriented events with one sponsorship!
Sponsorship also includes opportunities for employees to volunteer.
- Make A Difference Day – October 2018: An annual day of service spent beautifying one of the schools City Year serves
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service – January 2019: Our annual 1,000 person service day! Community members come together to volunteer at three DC schools, doing hands-on service to beautify the school communities.