Come see why you belong here and why City Year service is an experience like no other. Spend a year making a positive impact in the lives of students and—and see how it how it makes a difference in yours.
The right next step toward your dream job
When you join City Year, you work alongside a team to create learning environments where all students can succeed. No matter what your dream career is, City Year offers a short-term commitment with long-term benefits that will help you get there. Spend 10 months with us and you will leave a stronger leader and more prepared for your career.
Invest in growing your skills at City Year:
You'll receive more than 200 hours of professional development valued at more than $25,000.Learn more
You'll grow your skills in leadership, equity & inclusion, conflict resolution, problem solving, decision making and much more.Learn more
What else does City Year have to offer you?
Deciding where to apply and where you want to work is an incredibly personal decision. Our team is ready to connect. We’d love to hear more about your aspirations and connect the dots on how a year spent serving with us will support your long-term goals! (Or help you set your goals, if you’re not sure what you want to do just yet!)Connect with a recruiter Attend a virtual info session
We invest in your professional development:
City Year alumni are making significant contributions as community members, professionals and leaders who can mobilize diverse groups to tackle complex challenges across a wide range of fields. We believe the skills, mindsets and experiences of our AmeriCorps members and alumni are increasingly needed in today’s world.
- 200 hours of professional development, valued at more than $25,000.
- $6,495 Segal Education Award to put toward future education costs, student loans, travel, trade school and more!
- 100+ colleges and universities who’ll match your education award with 25-100% scholarships, waived fees or course credits.
Here you can grow critical diversity, equity and inclusion skills. You will learn:
- the skills to effectively work with others from different backgrounds.
- how to lead across lines of difference.
- how to build equitable systems that you can take with you into any career.
- You’ll be able to apply broad knowledge, experience, creativity, and critical-thinking to solve problems.
Employees value hiring our alumni
- 45+ companies and organizations have established Career Partnerships with City Year to proactively recruit our alumni. Including Reading Partners, The UP Education Network, The Peace Corps, iMentor and many more. Learn more about City Year’s career partnerships.
- Deloitte, one of the world’s largest consulting firms, has established a Career Catalyzer program to prepare City Year AmeriCorps members for a career at Deloitte after service.
- Teacher residency programs understand our impact: “Not only do City Year AmeriCorps Members get accepted to TFA at higher rates than applicants without City Year experience, they also go on to be some of Teach For America’s highest performing teachers.” Kevin Guenthner, Managing Director, TFA
- Whether you know exactly what you want to do next in your career, or you’re still figuring it out, 10 months will City Year can propel your career, all while making a difference in the lives of students.