Build your voice. Build your crew. Build your purpose.
Make An Impact Now For Students And Yourself.
City Year Tulsa is now hiring full-time paid positions for the 2023-2024 school year!
It’s a way to build up the next generation — while also building your career.
Fill out the form and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss this opportunity.
What is City Year Tulsa?
We’re a nonprofit program (through AmeriCorps) that invites people 18-25 to give a year of service to their community by working with Tulsa Public Schools. Some people use this as a gap year between high school and college, after graduating before joining the workforce, or as a way to switch careers and try something new. Wherever you’re at in life, there’s no wrong time to serve with City Year.
With this short-term commitment, you can hone your career skills, gain valuable work experience, and make a difference that directly makes lives better for the next generation.
Say hello to cool benefits
When you join City Year Tulsa, you’ll get great perks that make your service personally beneficial:
- Biweekly stipend of $1,122 (pre-tax) in Tulsa
- Site paid holidays off & paid personal days
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Localized benefits, including a free bus pass and free YMCA gym membership
- Full scholarships and grants for undergrad, graduate and post-graduate degrees with local university partners like OSU, OU-Tulsa, and TCC after you finish your service.
What you’ll do
Serving as a City Year AmeriCorps Member on a diverse team is a complex and challenging role with varied responsibilities, all designed to help students develop into all they can be and to help them build the social, emotional, and academic skills to achieve their goals:
- Individual and group tutoring in math and literacy
- Leading enriching afterschool programming
- Fostering students’ positive belief in themselves and their capabilities
- Serving in 3rd through 10th grade classrooms alongside teachers
- Building positive, caring relationships with students
- Working with educators to help create a welcoming school environment
See the benefits in your career and life goals
Take what you gain from your time with City Year into your future career and life plans:
- Explore your passions in a new, vibrant environment that makes you grow.
- Receive personalized career guidance and take time to decide your next steps while giving back to your community.
- Build relationships with a network of like-minded people from all around the US.
- Be a part of Tulsa’s huge entrepreneurial spirit, and set yourself up for growth and learning that furthers your career plans.
- Enjoy everything that makes Tulsa a great place to live — outdoor activities, great music, socially conscious shops, locally brewed beer and coffee, affordable living, and a commitment to growing diversity
Dive headfirst into making a lifetime of change.
Your year of service allows you to make Tulsa better in an intentional, rewarding way.
- Use your passion for building a better world by mentoring the next generation.
- Bring your individual experience, views and skills to students who need you the most.
- Live your values by helping to create greater opportunities for those who need it most.
City Year alums love the experience
“I wanted a break from what I’ll be doing for the rest of my life… City Year is a great opportunity to take that break while also being a professional development opportunity and keeping me in a really trying, demanding job.”
“City Year Tulsa has helped me combine my passions and skills into work I can leave the office every day proud of. And that is by far the best professional development I could have ever imagined when I put on that red jacket.”
“Day by day, everything is new. Every day is a new day, a new experience and I’m loving it.”
Here’s how to get started.
Discover how you can make the world a better place, get paid doing it, learn marketable skills, and get a free college degree.