City Year Seattle
Living in Seattle certainly comes with a lot of perks. Coffee, ferries, mountains, biking and more. We believe helping thousands of students in Seattle Public Schools reach their full potential tops the list.
We are working to address the lack of equitable access to educational opportunities. Our City Year Seattle AmeriCorps members partner with teachers and schools to add more support and to help create learning environments where all students can build on their strengths and fully engage in their learning.
Accelerating academic growth in Seattle
- 65% of students tutored by City Year met or exceeded one year of growth in English Language Arts
- 80% of students tutored by City Year met or exceeded one year of growth in mathematics
Ensuring more students are on track to high school graduation
Research shows that even academically prepared students are at risk of falling off track. City Year supported students, ensuring that:
- 95% of students stayed on track in English Language Arts with a C or higher
- 83% of students stayed on track in mathematics with a C or higher
Advancing interpersonal and workforce readiness skills
- 62% of students who were identified as needing support made significant progress on key social-emotional skills related to college and career readiness
Partnering with teachers and principals
- 100% of partner teachers agree that AmeriCorps members fostered a positive learning environment for learning
- 100% of partner principals agree that City Year AmeriCorps members serve as positive role models
I think belonging is the number one thing that students need in school. Where City Year really helps us, along with the tutoring, is they help make sure students feel a sense of belonging. When students have that relationship in a school, they look forward to learning.
Seattle impact stories
From August 3rd-7th, City Year partnered with Hulu to offer a career and professional development experience like no other! This...Read more about City Year Partners with Hulu for A Virtual Career Week Event
Contributing to a clearer, bolder vision
of what public schools can and should be for all children: places of learning, exploration and risk-taking, where every student feels safe and connected to the school community.Learn how impact happens
More than 80 AmeriCorps members positively impact nearly 5000 students in Seattle.
Everything we do—every student and AmeriCorps member we support—would not be possible without our partners.