A city to awaken your senses
In San Antonio you’ll hear sounds, taste flavors and see colors unlike what you’ve ever experienced before. San Antonio's history dates back to Spanish colonialism and the Spanish conquistadors who came to this city to influence both religion and culture. Visit the Alamo or Missions Historical Park and witness the revival style architecture and the red, blue and gold hues that paint this city. Hear the beautiful sound of flamenco music as you stroll down the River Walk or the wafting smells of Tex-Mex that lead you to best taquerias in town.
Young people flock to San Antonio and locals never leave. Students attend more than 30 of its colleges and universities and droves of technology companies have moved in to address a number of important issues, including education. San Antonio is an affordable place to live and offers several great amenities. Get around town using their bike share program or celebrate the arts at one of the many free museums.
Useful San Antonio Links
Fun Things to Do
- Enjoy this list of free things to do in San Antonio
- Get special offers and promotions for the San Antonio rodeo
- Visit San Antonio’s museums that offer free admissions
- Visit the Alamo and learn about its history during the Texas Revolution
- Walk down the River Walk to experience this urban ecosystem
- Chow down with this list of the best cheap eats
- Live like a local with this list of 52 things to do throughout the city
- Check out the arts and crafts, live music and food for South First Fridays on South Alamo Street
- Take advantage of the city’s bike share program on a cruiser