It is no wonder Orlando was named by Forbes as one of the top ten fastest growing cities in the country. The city covers over 100 square miles and is home to two million people. Orlando has sunshine year-round, an average temperature of 82 degrees and an affordable cost of living, making the city a young professional’s paradise. The surrounding Orlando area has more than a dozen colleges and universities. Most students who come here for school, end up calling Orlando home.
Disney World is not the only attraction that makes Orlando the happiest place on earth. There is an endless list of activities for outdoor enthusiasts. Hike through Kelly Park and camp next to Spring Rock Run or walk through the Harry P, Leu Gardens to test your flora and fauna knowledge. Go to Gatorland at nighttime to see where Florida’s most famous animal, the alligator breed. From Rembrandt paintings to American Art sculptures, Orlando has wonderful museums for you to explore. Whatever your interests may be, we are certain you’ll find them during your time in Orlando.
Useful Orlando Links
Fun Things to Do
● Find 20 things to do in Orlando for free
● Explore this guide of free and discounted things to do in Orlando
● Camp overnight in Kelly Park, Rock Springs
● Find all of the cheap and free things to do nearby Disney World
● Stroll through Orlando museums on free admission days
● Smell the roses at the Harry P. Leu Gardens on Mondays for free
● Go to Ravenous Pig and ask for some “ugly ends”
● Get up close and personal with alligators at Gatorland
● Take a tree tour of Orlando’s most significant and historic trees