A Big Ride For A Big Purpose
2nd Annual White Mountain Gran Fondo
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Loon Mountain, Lincoln, NH
The White Mountain Gran Fondo presented by Bank of New Hampshire is a one day cycling challenge hosted by City Year New Hampshire. Riders will be put to the test in this timed loop through the most challenging climbs and breathtaking scenery that New Hampshire's White Mountains have to offer!!
Participants can select one of three ride options: a 100 mile Gran Fondo, a 50 mile Medio Fondo, or a 25 mile Piccolo Fondo - each a true feat for cyclists seeking adventure with daring terrain and stunning vistas. To top it off, enthusiastic City Year members will be cheering on riders throughout the day at all intersections and major climbs along the route! The Gran Fondo will start at Loon. The Medio Fondo will start near Bretton Woods, and the Piccolo Fondo will start in Franconia, NH. All three rides will end at Loon Mountain with a delicious BBQ and rockin' band!
Here's what some of our 2013 White Mountain Gran Fondo participants had to say about the event:
"Over the last five years I've participated in about a dozen organized bike rides annually - in MD, PA, NY, CA and more. This was the best organized and most scenic ride I've ever been on. Everything about it was first-rate. And the enthusiasm of everyone along the route was a huge morale booster. Thanks again for an outstanding event!" - 2013 WMGF Participant
“Your event was fantastic! It was my first Gran Fondo & is now a spring board for more. I drove from New Jersey to participate & it was well worth the drive.” – 2013 WMGF Participant
“I just wanted to thank you for putting on a wonderful cycling event! I've done zillions of centuries and the White Mountain Gran Fondo was one of the best. The volunteers were fabulous, the police were great, and everyone helping was encouraging. Thanks again for a wonderful event!” – 2013 WMGF Participant
All proceeds from the White Mountain Gran Fondo benefit City Year's work in New Hampshire, helping struggling students stay in school and on track towards graduating high school and leading successful lives.
- Timed course with prizes for top finishers
- Fully-stocked rest stations along the route with food, water, restroom facilities and technical support
- Single admission to post-event celebration
- Mechanical and first aid support
- Shuttle service from Loon to the start of the Medio and Piccolo Fondos
- Finishers medal
- Event technical t-shirt
- Swag bag of goodies from event sponsors and area attractions
- Special rates on accommodations from our Hotel Partners
- Enthusiastic cheerleaders at every turn and big climb
- and a GREAT day!
As a WMGF fundraiser you will receive special prizes while supporting City Year's work to keep kids in school and on track to graduate. Follow these 3 easy steps to start your fundraising:
- Set up your personal online fundraising page on PledgeReg.com by selecting the fundraising options for the Gran, Medio or Piccolo Fondo above.
- Reach out to your family, friends, co-workers, neighbors, and your social network and ask them to help you keep kids in school and on track to graduate by supporting your fundraising goal!
- Receive awesome prizes, special access and recognition at the event!
More information about fundraising can be found on the WMGF event website by clicking here.
A great way to enhance your WMGF experience is to participate as a member of a team. To be part of a team:
- Create or Join...
- A corporate team at your office to help promote your business
- A group of your best cycling buddies to take on the White Mountain challenge together
- A team with your neighborhood bike shop and make new friends
- Pick a team name or get the name of an existing team.
- When you register for the White Mountain Gran Fondo, be sure to have each team member enter your team name on his/her paper or online registration form.
Special recognition will be awarded to:
- The Top Fundraising Team
- The Largest Team
- NEW! - The Top Three Fastest Teams - based on the cumulative time of the top three riders on each team
Prizes include a handsome team trophy and a complimentary team photo. All team recognitions will be determined at the end of the day on August 21, 2014 (two days prior to the event).
Fastest Team Category
This year we’ve upped the ante on the team competition. We will be awarding the top three fastest teams (determined by the cumulative time of the top three riders on the team) with some amazing prizes and recognition, so talk with your friends and pull together a fast team!