AmeriCorps Mentorship Program
City Year helps students and schools succeed by partnering with public school districts in 29 high-need communities across the U.S. and through international affiliates. City Year Miami was founded in 2008 and partners with Miami-Dade County Public Schools, deploying over 100 City Year AmeriCorps members in 18 schools and serving over 5,000 students. City Year AmeriCorps members provide research-based student, classroom, and school-wide support to help students stay in school and on-track to graduate from high school.
City Year Miami’s Mentorship Program is an opportunity for business and community leaders to engage with City Year Miami’s mission by supporting an AmeriCorps member during their year of service.
Mentors commit to supporting their AmeriCorps member, acting as a personal, career, and overall advisor. In general, mentors are at least 25 years of age or older, and self-identify as mid-to-late career professionals.
In order to take on a Mentor role in the program, you would have to be comfortable with and commit to the following:
- Overall comfort with connecting in both a virtual and in-person space
- One year of participation, October 2021 to June 2022
- Meaningful contact with mentee at least 2x a month
- Participation in the following events:
- Virtual Match Day: Thursday, October 28th at 4:30pm
- Virtual Mid-Year Check-in: Thursday, February 3, 2022 at 4pm
- End of Year Celebration: Thursday, June 9, 2022 (Time TBD)
We hope you will consider joining City Year Miami as a mentor to support our AmeriCorps members and partner schools throughout this year!
If you have any questions, please contact Juanita Giraldo-de la Paz.