The City of Dreams
Los Angeles is most commonly known for its glitz and glam. While named the entertainment capital of the world, there is more to Los Angeles than meets the eye. It is one of the most ethnically diverse cities in the country. People from 140 countries speak approximately 86 different languages. Los Angeles is also home to 176 colleges and universities, including such prestigious institutions as the University of Southern California (USC), UCLA, Pepperdine University, Occidental College, Loyola Marymount University and the Art Center College of Design.
The average temperature in Los Angeles is a “perfect” 75 degrees. Enjoy the many outdoor hot spots. Spend the day at Santa Monica Beach or take a bike ride through Griffith Park’s 4,210 acres, the largest municipal park with urban wilderness in the United States. To get out of the sun, visit one of the 300 museums throughout the city or watch a free taping of a hit TV show. To take in the full beauty of Los Angeles, drive down Mulholland Drive. You won’t be disappointed by the 360 degree views of the city, ocean and mountains.
Useful Los Angeles Links
Fun Things to Do
● Visit the Getty Center or any museum on this list for free admission
● Check out this list of 100 free and cheap things to do
● Enjoy one of the many free concerts and musical performances happening around Los Angeles
● Drive Mulholland Drive, the famous fifty five mile span with panoramic views of the city, ocean and mountains
● Take a picnic, rent a bike or go on a hike in Griffith Park
● Watch a live taping of a TV show for free.
● Put on your swimsuit and head to Santa Monica Beach for some fun in the sun
● Enjoy cheap and delicious food at Venice Beach’s First Friday food trucks