Website UTEC, Inc.
Background on UTEC, INC:
UTEC’s promise is to ignite and nurture the ambition of our most disengaged youth to trade violence and poverty for social and economic success. UTEC’s outcomes-focused model begins with intensive street outreach, reaching proven high-risk youth “where they’re at.” UTEC engages youth in workforce development and educational programs and provides intensive case management. Social justice and civic engagement are embedded in all programming.
Serving young adults throughout Merrimack Valley (Lowell, Lawrence and Haverhill), UTEC was founded in 1999 as a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young adults (ages 17-25) overcome the very real challenges of poverty, gang involvement, unemployment, etc. UTEC reaches 500+ youth annually through an evidence-based model aimed at reducing recidivism while increasing education and employment attainment. For more info, please visit www.utecinc.org.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, and in collaboration with the rest of the Development team, the Development & Donor Engagement Officer will implement innovative fundraising strategies for UTEC that will help identify and inspire donors, corporations, and external partners to grow a philanthropic pipeline. This position will create and execute an individualized and engaging program, including individual giving, corporate philanthropy, community engagement, and annual appeals. The Development & Donor Engagement Officer will collaborate with the development team to identify trends and areas for giving while managing a portfolio of 135-150 donors.
This position will join a Development Team that supports UTEC’s mission by raising funds to advance its programs and outreach efforts and strengthen the communities it serves. This individual will serve as a visible frontline fundraiser and will implement strategic initiatives for outreach. This position conducts the coordination and implementation of initiatives that engage the individuals and entities within their portfolio, with the primary goal to grow our donor base and their affinity to UTEC.
- Execute development activities concerning individual, corporate, and community prospects, including cultivation and solicitation efforts, preparation of proposals, etc.
- Support the Chief Development Officer in donor outreach and prospect efforts
- Implement giving strategies for donor segments, identifying opportunities for growth
- Travel frequently within the Greater Boston and Merrimack Valley Region to identify, qualify, cultivate, and solicit outright and different gifts
- Support the preparation of written proposals, appeals, informational materials, and other materials to secure philanthropic gifts
- Report fundraising metrics and goals for both individual and corporate annual giving
- Proactively identify, engage, and maintain long-term relationships with new and previously existing corporations, individual donors, and executives via letters, phone calls and visits
- Participate in all aspects of giving solicitation strategies
- Execute segmentation strategies based on analytics
- Personally cultivate a portfolio of donors
- Utilize Salesforce to ensure all donor interactions and information are tracked and stored accurately
- Develop a thorough understanding of UTEC’s history and mission, and serve as a key ambassador of the organization
- Demonstrated experience in implementing strategies that resulted in organizational growth
- Demonstrated success with relationship-based fundraising is preferred
- Must possess excellent attention to detail, have the ability to self-direct, and be comfortable working with various computer software programs
- Ability to organize time and work in an effective manner, and to prioritize and manage numerous deadlines and tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allow successful interaction with all areas of the organization and with external clients
- Strong interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to develop and maintain productive relationships at all levels of the organization
- Work independently and very proactively with minimal direction/supervision
- Comfortable working within an inclusive environment
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in nonprofit development, fundraising, or a related field
- A demonstrated commitment to UTEC’s mission, as well as a passion for the community and young adults that UTEC serves
Salary range is $65,000- $80,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks paid vacation, holiday, and paid sick/personal time. Benefits include retirement 401K plan, health and dental (50-85% subsidized), 3 weeks paid vacation, holiday and paid sick/personal time, opportunity for a paid sabbatical after 3 years, first-time homebuyers funding, and free counseling for all staff. Please see www.utecinc.org/jobs for more details.
To apply for this job please visit utecinc.applytojob.com.
The Everyone Graduates Center's multi-year research project on City Year's holistic support services shows how our approach increases trust in...Read more about Why building trust in schools matters
City Year Little Rock kicks off our inaugural Women’s Leadership Council, a new mentoring program for our female-identifying corps members.Read more about Empowering women leaders through mentorship
Any day of the year is the perfect opportunity to celebrate and support the women in your life. However, March...Read more about International Women’s Day
The story of Black History Month begins in 1915, half a century after the Thirteenth Amendment abolished slavery in the...Read more about The Origins of Black History Month and Why We Celebrate It