Website PEARLS for Teen Girl, INC.
transforming our community, one girl at a time
- Using the PEARLS for Teen Girls published curriculum, In-House Program Coordinators design and implement group sessions, which meet based on the culture and needs of the Site Partner. Group sessions are designed in partnership with PEARLS Associate Program Coordinators, and/or college interns and PEARLS girls when applicable. In-House Program Coordinators design group discussions and activities that ensure PEARLS programming objectives and outcomes are met.
- Assist the girls in setting SMART goals for themselves, and apply best practices of youth development as girls identify and work toward their goals.
- Provide ongoing support and encouragement to participants and creatively celebrate their successes.
- Work in partnership with site locations and partner organizations to recruit and retain girls for the PEARLS program.
- Work in partnership with PEARLS staff and PEARLS girls to ensure maximum attendance and successful implementation of all PEARLS events.
- In collaboration with Partnerships and College and Career Readiness department, provide group and one-on-one resources to girls regarding secondary or post-secondary education, tutoring, career exploration, and self-development.
- Facilitate sexual health, STD and pregnancy prevention curriculum.
- Facilitate substance abuse and violence prevention curriculum.
- Assist with additional resources for girls, as required.
- Provide one on one and small group support for girls outside of group as needed
- Work closely with Associate Staff and/or college interns to ensure quality programming is provided.
- In collaboration with Facilitation Coach, support Associate Staff and Interns in implementing best practices for group facilitation.
- Review of programming metrics, analysis of trends and information to improve programming.
- Responsible for joining and actively participating in inter-departmental committees.
- In collaboration with Partnerships and College and Career Readiness Department, assist with planning and supervision of field trips/special opportunities, as needed.
- Substitute for groups as needed.
Site Partner Collaboration:
- Develop positive relationships and actively engage with school staff as a means of supporting girls growth and development.
- Participate in agreed upon professional development opportunities, to include any opportunities geared toward school culture, welcoming students back to school, and/or events for students, families, and/or staff.
- Adhere to all mutually agreed upon communication and reporting protocols.
- Meet regularly with site partner and other key staff to discuss progress and/or needs for course correction.
- Provide relevant information to parents and/or appropriate staff members regarding girls in real time.
- Incorporate school culture and expectations in the PEARLS classroom and during group sessions.
- Participate in the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of Associate Program Coordinators, and/or college interns.
- Participate in professional development of Associate Program Coordinators, and Interns.
- Train Associate Program Coordinators, and Interns on survey completion.
- Approve timesheets submitted by Associate Program Coordinators.
- Provide one-on-one meetings with direct reports.
- Complete paperwork, trainings and other necessary duties as it relates to interns.
- Budgetary responsibility for assigned programming areas (activities, resources, needs)
- Assist in the tracking and updating of the PEARLS model through documentation and entry of data in regards to programming including but not limited to; attendance, academic achievement, and goal setting information using the current prescribed PEARLS method.
- Responsible for monitoring data connected to groups (number of girls served in group, number of girls retained, number of contracts submitted, number of girls on track for their goals) and creatively create solutions to improve and grow programming.
- Other duties as necessary and or assigned.
To apply for this job please visit pearls-for-teen-girls-inc.prismhr-hire.com.
*Circle of Champion members as of 11/23/2022 We created our Circle of Champions to support this strategic plan. Our Champion members...Read more about City Year's Circle of Champions | Strategic Partners Committed to Student Success
City Year San Antonio’s 2022 Impact Report gives an overview of the work done throughout the 2021 – 2022 school...Read more about 2022 Impact Report | Evidence of Impact
Below are highlights from our 2022 Impact Report (View Impact Report) and information on our Five-Year Pandemic Recovery Plan (View...Read more about Moving From Reactive to Proactive | City Year San Antonio's Five-Year Pandemic Recovery Plan
Hello there! My name is Mark Nealon and I am the proud Team Leader this year at Brighton High School,...Read more about Serving Today for a Better Tomorrow