Website Boston CASA
Boston CASA’s (Court Appointed Special Advocates) mission is to ensure a safe and permanent home for court involved children in Suffolk and Middlesex Counties who have experienced abuse and neglect. Boston CASA fulfills this mission by recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers from the community who are appointed as a child’s Guardian ad Litem (GAL), to protect and promote the “best interest” of the child while ensuring they have access to safe and permanent homes. CASA volunteers come from all walks of life and are selected on the quality of their objectivity, competence, and commitment. Please visit our website at www.bostoncasa.org to learn more about the organization.
The Volunteer Coordinator has the primary responsibility of volunteer recruitment, screening, training, and retention; ensuring volunteers comply with all applicable policies and procedures; and will work closely with the Program Team in maintaining records and reporting statistics related to the volunteer program. This position is also responsible for updating and developing training and educational materials for volunteers and performs other duties as required by the Director of Community Engagement and Volunteer Services (DCEVS). The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the volunteer program under the direct supervision of, and will report directly to, the DCEVS.
· Identify a diverse and qualified volunteer pool that meets the needs of Boston CASA.
· Prepare volunteer intake materials including organizing and conducting information sessions, processing applications, scheduling screening interviews, coordinating background checks and direct communication with potential volunteers;
· Design, promote and maintain a range of volunteer opportunities and internships, including the Boston CASA University schedule;
· Plan and implement the annual volunteer recognition event and smaller recognition opportunities throughout the year;
· Provide a cohesive volunteer newsletter and various communications and publications;
· Attend meetings, conferences, workshops, and training sessions;
· Collect and provide data analysis of volunteer performance; and
Other duties as assigned; non-essential job duties, non-related responsibilities and other tasks as required by the Executive Director and Organization may be assigned from time to time – Boston CASA is a small non-profit organization requiring flexibility from its staff.
· principles and practices of volunteer recruitment and management, including work planning, assignment, and the training of volunteers;
· plan, schedule, and participate in activities as performed by volunteers;
· instruct and motivate volunteers; and
· provide flexibility in scheduling which may include evenings and weekends.
· Minimal of BA/BS degree required, 2 or more years of relevant experience preferred
· experience in event planning;
· a working knowledge of Suffolk and Middlesex communities;
· strong written and verbal communication skills;
· proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and willingness to learning new software programs;
· the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
· a demonstrated respect for people regardless of status, race or ethnicity, religion, and sexual orientation;
· a commitment to collaborate, and achieve community involvement;
· experience working with culturally diverse populations; and
· the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise diplomacy and discretion.
Employment for the position of Coordinator of Volunteer Management requires the completion of a Boston CASA 35 hour pre-service training; a comprehensive background check; and a writing sample upon request.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
*Circle of Champion members as of 11/23/2022 We created our Circle of Champions to support our strategic Five-Year Pandemic Recovery...Read more about City Year's Circle of Champions | Strategic Partners Committed to Student Success
City Year San Antonio’s 2022 Impact Report gives an overview of the work done throughout the 2021 – 2022 school...Read more about 2022 Impact Report | Evidence of Impact
Below are highlights from our 2022 Impact Report (View Impact Report) and information on our Five-Year Pandemic Recovery Plan (View...Read more about Reactive to Proactive | City Year San Antonio's Five-Year Pandemic Recovery Plan
Hello there! My name is Mark Nealon and I am the proud Team Leader this year at Brighton High School,...Read more about Serving Today for a Better Tomorrow