City Year Jacksonville
A big city with a small-town vibe and Southern charm, Jacksonville is a friendly and welcoming city that embraces change and newcomers. Together, we work alongside teachers, principals and community partners to support students in our public schools.
We are working to address the lack of equitable access to educational opportunities here in Duval County. Our City Year Jacksonville AmeriCorps members partner with teachers and schools to add more support and to help create learning environments where all students can build on their strengths and fully engage in their learning.
Read about our impact during the 2022-2023 school year in our Impact Report.
As you reflect on the impact our members had last year, take a moment to experience a day in their life of service.
Accelerating academic growth in Jacksonville
- 91% of students who began the year with a D/F in math ended the year with a C or above
- 85% of students who began the year with a D/F in English or Language Arts (ELA) ended the year with a C or above
Advancing interpersonal and workforce readiness skills
- 55% of the students with whom we worked to improve their attendance showed up to school 90% or more of the time
- 50% of students with whom we worked on their social emotional skills experienced an estimated one year’s growth in their social and emotional wellness
Partnering with teachers and principals
- 100% of administrators surveyed said that AmeriCorps members had a positive impact on school culture and climate
- 100% of school administrators were satisfied/ very satisfied with their overall experience of partnering with City Year
Contributing to a clearer, bolder vision
of what public schools can and should be for all children: places of learning, exploration and risk-taking, where every student feels safe and connected to the school community.Learn how impact happens
“I know what it felt like to get left behind,” says Colby, a Service Leader serving his second year with...Read more about From City Year student to AmeriCorps member
City Year Jacksonville alum Chelsea Sanders is now a teacher at the same school she served in. Read how she...Read more about Back to school with positivity, change and solutions
Working in schools can push you to a breaking point, but there will be progress.Read more about The reality of service and student progress
AmeriCorps members positively impact the school environment for nearly 9,400 students in Jacksonville.
Everything we do—every student and AmeriCorps member we support—would not be possible without our partners.