The modern-day urban frontier
Denver was named by the Metropolitan Policy program for the Brookings Institution as the second “coolest” city to live in as a millennial. When you are not in your City Year uniform, throw on your favorite flannel in this down-to-earth city known for its incredible access to nature and creative, entrepreneurial spirit. With 300 days of sunshine, hit the trails by foot or bike in over 6,000 acres of park space within the city limits. Discover Denver's 25 unique neighborhoods, including the Golden neighborhood and its Wild West flare, the hip Uptown neighborhood or the Art District of Santa Fe.
The city’s entrepreneurial attitude stems from its early history when frontiersmen migrated out west to explore the rocky mountains. The new urban frontiersmen come to Denver to start technology companies and the breath taking views are inviting to artist and creative types. Find a local music event happening downtown or take a trip to experience the acoustics of the Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre.
Useful Dever Links
Fun Things to Do
- Enjoy this list of cheap and free things to do in Denver
- Take a free, self-guided walking tour of the Money Museum or US Mint
- Download these free tours and hear stories and learn interesting facts about Denver
- Attend a free festival or event happening around Denver
- Find more inexpensive and free activities in Denver
- Go on an urban hike within city limits via Cherry Creek Trail or Sand Creek Regional Greenway
- See a concert or just explore the beautiful and famous Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre
- Get to know denver by checking out its distinct neighborhoods
- Take advantage of Denver’s bike share program and cruise around town