Through strategic partnerships, City Year Dallas builds strong bonds with the schools, individuals, and corporations to make a difference in the communities and neighborhoods of Dallas.
OneStar equips Texas communities to meet their needs by convening partners across sectors to build the capacity of nonprofits, promoting service and volunteerism, and investing in effective solutions.
We are now embarking on our fifth full year of partnership with the Dallas Independent School District (DISD) and this year we have deployed 80 idealistic AmeriCorps members to work throughout nine DISD schools. City Year Dallas AmeriCorps members are currently serving in the following nine schools working full-time alongside teachers to improve attendance, behavior and coursework performance.
- Cedar Crest Elementary School
- E.B. Comstock Middle School
- Elisha M. Pease. Elementary School
- Franklin D. Roosevelt High School
- H. Grady Spruce High School
- Harrell Budd Elementary School
- John Neely Bryan Elementary School
- Maple Lawn Elementary School
- Oliver Wendell Holmes Middle School
- William B. Miller Elementary School
The Team Sponsor Program provides a powerful opportunity for sponsors to help build a stronger community in Dallas and impact the lives of hundreds of students by supporting and funding our work at a specific school.
- Celanese Foundation
- Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Santander Consumer USA
- United Way of Metropolitan Dallas
The Program Sponsorship partnership gives sponsors an opportunity to invest time and resources into a specific focus area at a specific school. Focus areas include math, literacy, social-emotional learning, and attendance.
- Harold Simmons Foundation
- Mark and Rachel Rohr Foundation
- OneStar Foundation
- The Boone Family Foundation
- The Meadows Foundation