A City Young at Heart
Columbus is the capital of the fine state of Ohio and also home to The Ohio State University, the largest university in the country. You’ll feel right at home in this city full of young people. Columbus is known for its open-minded attitude and celebration of culture and the arts. Head down to the Short North Arts District on the first Saturday of every month to see the newest art exhibit or the street art displayed on outdoor buildings. Walk down the cobblestone streets of the German Village and poke your head into the country's most interesting bookstore.
If you’re not an Ohio State fan yet, then jump on the bandwagon and join the Buckeyes in cheering on their esteemed sports teams. For you history buffs, take a trip to Olentangy Indian Caverns, formed millions of years ago by the force of an underground river that cut through limestone rock. Explore secret rooms and passages and learn how the Wyandotte Indians used these caverns as refuge from their enemies, the Delaware Indians.
Columbus is also home to a number of large companies (and potential employers) with headquarters in Central Ohio such as Nationwide, L Brands, Huntington Bank, Cardinal Health, Abercrombie & Fitch, American Electric Power, and Alliance Data.
Useful Columbus Links
- Experience Columbus
- Things To Do
- City of Columbus
- Events Calendar
- Columbus News
- SNAP: Food Assistance
- Apartment Finder
- Roommate Finder
- Farmers’ Markets
Fun Things to Do
- Experience Columbus' Short North and the North Market
- COSI has been recognized as the #1 science museum in the US, and is one of the top visitor destinations in the city for families.
- Enjoy this list of cheap and free things to do in Columbus
- Travel to downtown Columbus to expereince The Scioto Mile
- Take a free tour of the Ohio Statehouse
- Check out the Hollywood Casino - Columbus' Vegas-style casino with unparalleled amenities from fabulous dining to magnificent nightlife.
- See new art exhibits every first Saturday at the Gallery Hop
- Find the perfect hiking trail throughout the Columbus Metro Park
- Attend an Ohio State Buckeye sporting event
- Visit the Franklin Park Conservatory and Botannical Gardens
- Enjoy one scoop or two at Graeter’s or Jeni's - some of the best ice cream in town
- Experience The Newport Music Hall - "America's Longest Continually Running Rock Club"
- Stroll through the Columbus Museum of Art or visit the Wexner Center for The Arts
- Find off-the-beaten path things to do in Columbus
- Check out a Columbus Clippers baseball game at Huntington Park
- Enjoy the wildlife at the Columbus Zoo & Aquarium
- Take a swim at Zoombezi Bay
- Experience pro hockey with the Columbus Blue Jackets
- Enjoy shopping, dining, galleries and nightlife at the Easton Town Center or Polaris Fashion Place
- Visit Shadowbox Live, the largest resident theatre in company in the US
- Test your appetite at The Thurman Cafe, home of The Thurmanator!