Since 1996, City Year AmeriCorps members have positively impacted Cleveland’s schools. Over the past two decades, we’ve made great strides in the Cleveland community. We measured our results and here’s what we found:
- Served 1,802 Cleveland Metropolitan School District students in 6 partnering Cleveland Metropolitan School District “Investment” schools.
- Worked one-on-one with 541 off-track students (those at risk of failing or dropping out) to tutor, mentor and coach them in attendance, behavior and math and English coursework.
- 71% of students City Year worked with improved their math and English assessment results.
- 69% of students City Year worked with met or exceeded expected growth in English
- 61% of students City Year worked with met or exceeded expected growth in math.
Our hard work is paying off!
- The average GPA has gone from 1.85 to 2.76.
- The graduation rate has improved from 39% to 72%.
- City Year students showed an average of double the growth on standardized tests over the course of last year than their peers.
- The average daily attendance (ADA) for City Year students is 5 percentage points higher than the average ADA for the school.