Tuesday, January 24, 2017 from 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Hosted by Kirkland & Ellis LLP, 6th Floor Conference Center (300 N. LaSalle Street, Chicago, IL)
Women, Wisdom and Wine was an evening of networking and celebrating the accomplishments of female professionals in Chicago organized by City Year Chicago. Four panelists, all with legal backgrounds that launched them to diverse, successful career paths, spoke to nearly 200 attendees. Panel conversation covered the unique lessons panelists have learned during their professional journeys, and how to create spaces of mentorship for the next generation of female leadership. Executive Director of City Year Chicago Rebeca Nieves Huffman gave opening remarks as attendees enjoyed wine followed by empowering conversation.
View photos from Women, Wisdom and Wine in City Year Chicago's Flickr Album
Andrea Zopp, Deputy Mayor, Chief Neighborhood Development Officer, City of Chicago
Kate Boege, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Wintrust Financial Corp.
Jamenda McCoy, Founder and CEO, Bellē Up Boutique
Linda Myers, Partner & Member of Global Management Committee, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
Rena Hozore Reiss, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Hyatt Hotels Corp.
Key Moments of #CYWisdom
- Women need to support each other. There’s always room for everyone to win and someone’s success doesn’t diminish yours.
- Work-life balance is an issue not only faced by women, but by everyone in the work force. We need to accept our balance won’t always be perfect and it’s always a jugging act. Don’t be too hard on yourself for dropping the ball once in a while.
- Always make time to build and maintain your network.
- Know when you need a career change. A sure sign of this is the “Sunday Night Syndrome,” which is the feeling of dread/insomnia on a Sunday night because you don’t want to go to work the following Monday morning.
- Remember the 4 R’s that should be present in your life and used to measure personal and professional success: respect, reputation, relationships and ROI.