Fueled by national service, City Year Chicago recruits, inspires, and mobilizes emerging leaders as Student Success Coaches who empower at-risk Chicago Public School students to reach their highest potential.
The City Year Chicago Associate Board is a volunteer group of young professionals who are committed to supporting and promoting City Year Chicago and its AmeriCorps members, consistent with the vision and goals of the larger City Year organization and national service movement.
Associate Board Goals
Members of the Associate Board strive to support City Year and its AmeriCorps members in a variety of ways, including:
- Generating financial and in-kind support through exciting fundraising and professional networking events
- Establishing themselves as ambassadors by promoting City Year’s mission and its brand in personal, professional and other communities with a goal of recruiting City Year Champions
- Providing mentorship and other forms of assistance and enrichment to AmeriCorps members
Members of the Associate Board will have the opportunity to:
- Play a meaningful part in the work of a national service and education organization aimed at addressing the nation’s drop-out crisis with a focus on keeping students in school and on track to high school graduation
- Participate in and attend the Board’s two signature fundraisers, the Back to School Soirée and Connecting Sectors Speaker Series
- Interact with and influence hundreds of young, civic-minded AmeriCorps members and future leaders
- Receive meaningful professional development
- Gain leadership opportunities
- Expand personal and professional networks
- Socialize with other young professionals
- Receive employer recognition, and recognition on City Year Chicago’s website and at City Year special events
- Attend bi-monthly meetings
- Pay annual dues of $100
- Generate a give/get of $1,000 minimum annually through a combination of dues ($100), employer matching contributions, and event support (sponsorships, ticket sales, securing auction, and in-kind items) for the Back to School Soiree (Associate Board premier fundraiser), Connecting Sectors Speaker Series (Associate Board spring fundraiser) and other events
- Support the planning and delivery of Associate Board fundraising events
- Promote City Year and facilitate introductions on City Year Chicago’s behalf to potential individual donors, corporate sponsors, media partners and community constituents
- Participate in mentorship, professional development, and enrichment activities for AmeriCorps members
Interested in joining the Associate Board?
If you are passionate about education equity and enjoy networking with other like-minded young professionals, please consider joining the City Year Chicago Associate Board today! Contact Jessica Young, City Year Chicago’s Senior Manager of Corporate Relations, at email@example.com or Kelly Jones, City Year Chicago’s Associate Board Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Click here to complete the Associate Board application.