Washington University in St. Louis, Brown School
City Year is proud to partner with Washington University in St. Louis' Brown School, which provides master’s programs in social work and public health, offering four $40,000 tuition scholarships to City Year applicants.
Washington University in St. Louis’ Brown School offers City Year AmeriCorps members, alums and staff
The $40,000 tuition scholarship ($20,000 per year) will be allocated throughout students’ study at the Brown School for up to four recipients per year to pursue study in the social work or public health program.
City Year applicants who do not receive the City Year Scholarship are eligible to be considered for additional merit-based scholarships. All candidates being reviewed for a merit-based scholarship may be asked to complete a video interview.
Scholarships are awarded to City Year AmeriCorps members and alums who complete at least one term of service and City Year staff employed for at least two years.
- Application fee waiver
- Enrollment deferral: The Brown School will allow deferrals for up to one year if accepted applicants decide to serve additional time with City Year.
Why City Year loves Washington University in St. Louis’ Brown School
The Brown School at Washington University in St. Louis offers a top-ranked Master of Social Work program and an innovative Master of Public Health program. They offer an inclusive environment dedicated to using their expertise, research skills and values-driven commitment to make a maximum impact on racial, social, economic and health equity. In the student-centered community, faculty and staff are dedicated to supporting the diverse student body in academic and professional development.
Apply to the Brown School’s Master of Social Work program here.
Apply to the Brown School’s Master of Public Health program here.
To identify your City Year affiliation
Please check the “City Year” box on the online application to identify your City Year affiliation.
To access the application fee waiver and apply for the scholarship
For students applying to the Master of Social Work program:
- Please download the Request for Application Fee Waiver Form and complete all required instructions.
- Request a service verification letter by emailing the City Year Alumni & Career Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Brown School: City Year verification letter request.” Within your email, include the site where you served and dates of service.
- On your application, indicate that you are waiver-eligible. You will be asked to upload both your completed Request for Application Fee Waiver Form and City Year service verification letter directly into your application.
- Your admissions portal will not display the application fee as “received” until the application has been submitted and the documents mentioned above have been received and processed by the admissions office.
For students applying to the Master of Public Health program:
Applications to the Brown School’s Master of Public Health program are received through the Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (SOPHAS). The Brown School is not able to directly provide application fee waivers within the SOPHAS system; however, City Year members may visit the SOPHAS Fee Assistance Program to learn about the waiver request process.
To contact the admissions office
Please call (314) 935-6676 or email email@example.com with any questions.
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. AmeriCorps members, alums and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.