Claremont Graduate University
City Year is proud to partner with Claremont Graduate University, the only comprehensive university in the nation dedicated entirely to graduate-level education, offering an annual tuition fellowship.
Claremont Graduate University offers City Year AmeriCorps members, alums and staff
A $12,000 annual tuition fellowship ($6,000 per semester) for qualifying graduate programs will be awarded to all admitted City Year applicants per year and is renewable in subsequent years of the program until the degree has been completed.
The scholarship award amount is based on 12 units of enrollment. The amount will be adjusted if students enroll in more or less than 12 units per semester.
Scholarships are awarded to City Year AmeriCorps members and alums who complete at least one term of service and City Year staff employed for at least two years.
The tuition fellowship will be available for graduate programs within the following schools:
- The Peter F. Drucker and Masatoshi Ito Graduate School of Management: a leading graduate school focused on ethical management and values-based leadership education.
- The School of Educational Studies: dedicated to transforming the lives of learners at all educational levels through its commitment to social justice and accountability.
- The School of Social Science, Policy and Evaluation: a long-standing tradition of academic excellence and integrating the disciplines of social sciences, economics, politics and policy.
- The School of Community and Global Health: a dynamic and progressive place for students to advance their careers through graduate study in public health.
- The Institute of Mathematical Sciences: developing new generations of mathematical scientists for positions in education, industry and government laboratories.
- The Center for Information Systems and Technology: preparing outstanding professionals and educators to assume leadership positions within the field of information systems and technology.
- Application fee waiver
- Enrollment deferral: Accepted students may defer enrollment up to one year if they decide to serve additional time with City Year.
Why City Year loves Claremont Graduate University
For more than 90 years, Claremont Graduate University has been a leader in graduate education. Through practice-based research, Claremont Graduate University’s ambitious students gain the tools to solve pressing real-world problems and build meaningful careers.
To identify your City Year affiliation
Please email the City Year Alumni and Career Services Department at email@example.com with “Claremont Graduate University: City Year verification letter request” in the subject line. Within the email, include the site where you served and dates of service. This letter will be sent directly to Claremont Graduate University’s admissions office and added to your applicant file.
To access the application fee waiver and apply for the scholarship
To receive an application fee waiver code and be considered for the scholarship, please contact the admissions office and state your City Year affiliation and reference our partnership.
To contact the admissions office
Please call (909) 607-7811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please note that all admissions and scholarship decisions are made by the educational institution. AmeriCorps members, alums and staff interested in these scholarships must complete the full application process for the institution. Please pay close attention to deadlines and consider beginning work on your applications early in the year.