Success Academy Charter Schools
City Year is proud to partner with Success Academy Charter Schools, so our alums can continue to make a difference in classrooms and the lives of scholars.
Success Academy Charter Schools offers City Year alums
Associate teachers at Success Academy Charter Schools work with a Lead Teacher, getting hands-on experience. You learn classroom management and how to engage students in academic lessons, while receiving the following benefits:
- unparalleled training and support, including more than 300 hours of professional development sessions, targeted feedback and intense collaboration with fellow teachers
- yearlong, full-time apprenticeship alongside a designated Lead Teacher, supported by the school leadership team
- excellent training and opportunities for becoming a Lead Teacher in the future
- option to earn a master’s degree and New York State Education Department certification, funded by Success Academy
- opportunity to join a rapidly growing community of scholars, parents, teachers, leaders and staff dedicated to transforming education for good
Why City Year loves Success Academy Charter Schools
Success Academy Charter Schools prepares its scholars to succeed in college and life. Exploration, creativity and curiosity abound in its classrooms, and it inspires a love of learning. Success Academy’s rigorous and innovative curriculum provides an unparalleled, free public education to children across New York City. In addition, its broader goal is to redefine what is possible in public education and give every child access to a world-class public school. Serving with City Year strengthens a candidate’s application and chances of being selected as an associate teacher at Success Academy.
Learn more about Success Academy on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Learn more about open positions with Success Academy and apply online.
To identify your City Year affiliation
To ensure your City Year affiliation and benefits, City Year AmeriCorps members and alums must select “Organization-City Year” under “source” for tracking purposes in the online application system.
For more information
To contact the Talent and Recruitment Office, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please note that all admissions decisions are made by Success Academy Charter Schools. AmeriCorps members and alums interested in the program must complete the full application process.
Become a City Year AmeriCorps member
With more than 100 university and career partners, City Year can help you launch your professional career in any industry. Join our community for access to exclusive scholarships and opportunities nationwide.Apply now Connect with a recruiter