YES Prep Public Schools
City Year is proud to partner with YES Prep Public Schools, so our alums can continue to lead on transformational change on pressing social problems.
YES Prep Public Schools offers City Year alums
- Competitive base salary ($58,000 starting salary for 2022-2023 school year)
- Health and supplemental insurance, including dental, vision, short and long-term disability, pet insurance, life, etc.
- Participation in Teacher Retirement System of Texas and a 457b Retirement Plan
- 10 days of paid time off in addition to the system closures of YES Prep’s academic calendar
- Paid leave programming (including maternity and paternity leave) of six-12 weeks of full paid leave
- Teacher Incentive Allotment eligibility–qualifying teachers can earn an additional $3,000 to $30,000 in incentive pay
- Teacher certification offered through YES Prep’s Teaching Excellence program during your first year of teaching
- Ongoing professional development and networking opportunities, including an instructional coach and district-wide diversity training
Why City Year loves YES Prep Public Schools
YES Prep Public Schools is an open-enrollment public charter school system serving students in grades six-12 in Houston’s most systemically under-resourced communities. YES Prep’s mission is to increase the number of students from historically underserved communities who graduate from college prepared to leave. To ensure that all teachers have the knowledge and skills needed to be effective with Yes Prep’s students, it created the Teaching Excellence Program, an alternative certification pathway. Teaching Excellence provides rigorous and relevant training and individualized support that accelerates the development of new teachers. The City Year experience is a strong indicator of future success at YES Prep Public Schools, and serving with City Year strengthens an applicant’s chances for being selected as a teacher.
Learn more about the YES Prep Public Schools experience.
Visit YES Prep Public Schools’ website to learn more about the application procedures and apply online.
To identify your City Year affiliation
City Year AmeriCorps members and alums should highlight their City Year experience on their résumés as part of the application materials.
When you submit your application, you will be prompted to share how you heard about YES Prep Public Schools. To indicate that you are a City Year AmeriCorps member, please select “City Year” from the dropdown selection.
After submitting your application, please contact the Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com to identify your City Year affiliation.
For more information
Please email the Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please note that all admissions decisions are made by YES Prep Public Schools. AmeriCorps members and alums interested in the program must complete the full application process.