Join Team Care Force
We're looking for returning AmeriCorps Members who are passionate about physical service to join us for another year of service on the CSX sponsored Team Care Force.
What does Team Care Force (TCF) do?
Project Leaders on TCF lead external volunteers, support staff in designing and planning our service events, and strengthening City Year's Civic Engagement capacity. When at HQ, TCF assists with document creation, logistical prep and material procurement. When traveling for events, TCF arrives days in advance to prepare projects in order to maximize volunteer impact. These events often consist of projects involving painting, construction, landscaping and site-specific tasks.
Events with Care Force
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, Care Force has shifted its model to host virtual service events. For the virtual events, TCF is integral in helping prepare and plan the service, as well as leading volunteers or providing technical support in the event’s virtual breakout rooms.
- All Care Force events, both in-person and virtual, are led by a Care Force staff member who serves as the Event Manager. For a typical event, at least two TCF Project Leaders serve on the Event Team, other members of the event team include additional Care Force staff and TCF members as well as Care Force Reserves. Care Force Reserves is a program which engages experienced City Year staff, alumni, and current AmeriCorps members to assist in preparing and managing events.
- In the days leading up the event, the Event Team completes all the necessary prep in anticipation of the volunteers. Then on event day, the event team serve in leadership roles primarily as Project Coordinators (PCs) leading volunteers in safely completing their project tasks.
- During an average pre-pandemic year, a Project Leader on TCF participates in 15-20 service events over the course of their service year.
Are you eligible to apply?
Qualifications to be on Team Care Force are the following:
- By June of 2021, you must have served at least one half AmeriCorps term with City Year at one of our 29 sites. Note: City Year Alumni are eligible to apply.
- Be willing to serve based out of City Year HQ in Boston.
- Enjoy community service, physical service and volunteer event management.
- Be within the 18-25 age range.