City Year is seeking a talented individual to join our internal Evaluation department as an Evaluation Analyst to support the organizational use of data for learning, goal setting, and performance measurement purposes. Reporting to the Evaluation Director, the Evaluation Analyst will work closely with members of the Evaluation Department to: 1) prepare reports at multiple levels of aggregation; 2) assist in merging and integrating data across multiple formats and instruments; 3) clean and organize large data sets; 4) respond to data requests from multiple departments within City Year; 5) support the development of surveys and related reports; and 6) summarize key findings for internal audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, child development, developmental psychology, statistics, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to perform statistical analyses and derive meaning from results.
- Knowledge of data management techniques (experience managing large databases preferred).
- Knowledge of and experience with qualitative and quantitative data management tools including SPSS (or similar software) and Excel. Comfortable with MS Office suite of software products, e.g. Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook. Willingness to learn new systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with web-based surveying tools (e.g., Survey Gizmo).
- Experience working with student performance data (attendance, behavior metrics, course grades and assessment data) a plus.
- Good organizational skills and ability to communicate with others.
- Experience managing multiple projects or tasks under deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Interest in and commitment to City Year’s mission and values.
- Conduct procedures to ensure high quality data files for internal purposes and requests.
- Analyze and interpret quantitative data using SPSS, Access, Excel, and other statistical software.
- Prepare reports, presentations, and graphs, including monthly results summaries, using data from various evaluation tools (e.g., student data management systems, surveys, etc.) for different internal and external audiences. Assist in communication of findings to internal staff.
- Assist in creating and merging data files from different sources and formats.
- Respond to data requests from the Director of Evaluation and staff across the network.
- Assist the Evaluation Director in supporting site-users to set up data entry, monitor data quality, and troubleshoot issues related to data integrity.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor and Evaluation staff to problem-solve and prioritize projects and tasks.