Reporting to the Managing Director of Program and Service, the Director of Impact, Training, and Evaluation develops and implements the site’s service strategy and ensures overall service excellence in schools. This role is responsible for leading the staff and corps on service activities and evaluation, helping to cultivate relationships with new service partners and providing staff with the tools to manage school relationships. The Director of Impact, Training, and Evaluation directly manages a team of four staff members (Training Manager, Evaluation Manager, ELA Impact Coach, and Math Impact Coach).
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in Education or Policy preferred.
- Fluency in educational standards and metrics are required as well as ability to direct improvements to instructional practice using data.
- Minimum of 5 years of classroom experience and 1 year of out-of-classroom position (e.g. coordinator role) experience required.
- Extensive Microsoft Excel experience; MS Word and PowerPoint proficiency is required.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in community service, education, and youth development preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relationship development and management required.
- Solid experience/passion for working with 17-24 year olds.
- City Year/AmeriCorps/Peace Corps experience a plus.
Service Development and Implementation
- Utilizing the principles of City Year’s WSWC Framework, develop and oversee implementation of content including tier 1 supports and tier 2 interventions.
- Design and implement systems for streamlined service delivery, with a focus on quality control. This includes staff/corps training and problem-solving at the school level.
- Create a strategy for effective deployment of the two Impact Coaches who provide support to field-based staff.
- Create the vision for City Year Miami’s Evaluation Plan including the implementation of a data-driven culture.
- Design systems that allow for data-informed decision making in real time.
- In partnership with the Evaluation Manager, produce reports that reflect data and service outcomes, and that can be targeted to varied audiences including funders, educators, and the public.
- Develop training for all staff regarding the appropriate use of data.
- Lead the Evaluation Manager in day-to-day evaluation tasks including grant reporting, survey analysis, etc.
AmeriCorps Member Development
- Partner with the Training Manager and Program Directors to identify AmeriCorps Member training needs and ensure appropriate resources are leveraged to close any knowledge gaps.
- Ensure all AmeriCorps Member training requirements are met per Volunteer Florida contract.
- Support the Training Manager in the development and implementation of a year-long member leadership and professional development program.
- Work with Miami Dade County Public Schools staff to identify and implement training to improve AmeriCorps member intervention strategies.
Relationship Management within Miami Dade County Public Schools
- Support program staff in building and cultivating strong partnerships with teachers, principals, school officials, and other key decision makers.
- Become the principal relationship manager with the Education Transformation Office staff including Instructional Supervisors and Curriculum Support Specialists.
- Manage implementation of school partnership agreement and conditions for success.
- Partner with school academic coaches to confirm AmeriCorps members utilize the appropriate curriculum and track student data to ensure academic gains are being made.
City Year staff members are expected to think outside of their own job description at all times to help further the National Service Movement. All staff members devote time to member recruitment and events throughout the year, including MLK Day, National Youth Service Day, Youth Summit, our Annual Gala, and more.