A year of service as a City Year corps member will provide you with many opportunities to develop skills that will benefit you in any career. Many employers also recognize these skills, and actively recruit our alumni. As a result, City Year has developed several partnerships with companies and organizations that hire and give preference to City Year alumni.
Leadership After City Year Partnerships
Leadership After City Year (LACY) Partnerships are employers who partner with City Year that value the leadership skills and service experience that corps members gain during their City Year. For many employers, a year of service with City Year strengthens a candidate's application and chances for being selected.
Current LACY Partners
- Academy for Urban School Leadership (Chicago, IL)
- Aspire Teacher Residency (various California locations)
- Boston Teacher Residency (Boston, MA)
- Brooke Charter Schools (Roslindale, Mattapan, East Boston, MA)
- Children's Corps (New York, NY) *NEW*
- Citizen Schools National Teaching Fellowship (MA, NY, CA, NJ, NC, IL, NM, TX)
- Lesley University Elementary Education Urban Initiative (Cambridge, MA)
- Los Angeles Urban Teacher Residency (Los Angeles, CA)
- Mastery Charter Schools (Philadelphia, PA)
- Peace Corps (various international locations)
- Philadelphia Teacher Residency (Philadelphia, PA)
- Shady Hill School (Cambridge, MA)
- StudentsFirst (Sacramento, CA)
- TNTP Teaching Fellows (11 locations across the US)
- UNCF Special Programs Corporation (Falls Church, VA)
- Urban Teacher Center (Washington, DC)
- Woodrow Wilson Fellowship Foundation (Indiana, Michigan, New Jersey & Ohio)
- WorldTeach (various international locations)
For more information about these partnerships, visit the Alumni Website or contact Nan Shearer, Alumni & Career Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunities Within City Year
Whether you are interested in serving a second year doing service as a Senior Corps Member or want to have an opportunity to make a career out of City Year as a staff member, there are many different jobs that fit many different interests and skill sets.
The senior corps position is designed for talented young people who have a year of AmeriCorps experience and are seeking a higher level of challenge and responsibility. Senior corps members put their idealism and enthusiasm to work while leading and inspiring a team of 5-10 first-year corps members.
The following Senior Corps opportunities are typically available each recruitment cycle:
- Whole School, Whole Child
- Diplomas Now
- Training and Development
- Whole School, Whole Child
- Civic Engagement
- Care Force
Positions vary by site - follow up with local recruitment staff to ensure you are receiving the most accurate and up to date information about senior corps opportunities.
As a leading organization in the nonprofit sector, City Year has exciting staff opportunities that many of our talented alums pursue.
To stay up to date with available job postings across the City Year network, click here.