A year of service is challenging, but also rewarding and fulfilling. While there is no typical corps member background, all corps members must have the ability to work on a team, be a leader, develop leadership skills and be ready to commit 10 months to full-time service.
View the entire #makebetterhappen playlist
Who We Are Looking For
Our corps members must also meet certain eligibility requirements.
To participate, you must:
- Have a college degree or have attended some college, have a high school diploma or GED
- Be able to dedicate 10 months to full-time service
- Be between the ages of 17 and 24
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident alien
- Have served no more than 3 terms in another AmeriCorps, NCCC or VISTA program
- Agree to a background or security check
Previous experiences with service, tutoring, mentoring and leadership help strengthen candidacy.
City Year is available to all, without regard to race, color, origin, gender, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, or religion.
Before You Apply
Before applying, City Year encourages you to:
We are currently accepting applications on a rolling basis for the 2013-2014 corps year. Due to the high volume of applications we are processing at this time, it may take longer than usual for us to get back to you. Please be patient during this time.