"City Year has empowered me! It has given me the opportunity to show students their true potential. There is no greater feeling than watching your students gradually transform throughout the year into the leaders that will eventually be leading us. "
- Jennifer Fowler
Corps Member, City Year Columbus
GIVE A YEAR. CHANGE THE WORLD.
As a City Year Columbus corps member, you will join 36 of your peers in serving children and youth in Columbus schools. Get ready to make a difference as you improve a child’s ability to read, or serve as role model to middle or high school youth. To learn more take the virtual tour.
Join City Year Columbus
- Attend our upcoming OPEN HOUSE. Find out more by contacting Steve Stevenson.
- Visit our national admissions website for answers to frequently asked questions and more details about the application process.
- Schedule a visit through our Corps Member for a Day Program.
- Contact us! We’d be happy to answer any questions about the application process or provide upcoming Career Fair dates. Please call the Columbus recruitment team at 614.586.4540 or email us.
The Application Process
- Complete the online application. If you cannot apply online, you can either download a paper application or contact us to request a hard copy application.
- Letters of Recommendation. Request two letters of recommendation, using the forms provided in the application, from people who know you on a professional or academic basis.
- Mail the completed references to the City Year Columbus office. If you completed a hard copy application also mail us your application form and essays.
- Interview. Being selected to serve with City Year is a competitive process. All completed applications are reviewed for program eligibility. Once the initial review is conducted, you may be contacted by recruitment staff to schedule an interview. If you are unable to interview in person, City Year will conduct a phone interview with you.
To learn more about our application deadlines, click here.