Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Site: City Year HQ
Provide support to City Year management and staff in the implementation of the organization’s financial planning and budgeting process. Assist and coordinate the preparation, review, and analysis of the City Year’s various financial information and reports. Assist the Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis to develop and deploy financial modeling and reporting tools and procedures. Coordinate the preparation and distribution of financial management information to the City Year’s HQ departments and field offices.
• Perform analysis on operational activities of the City Year, including historical, current and projected revenue and expense, cash flow, variances and key financial data,
• Monitor actual results against budget, explaining significant variations. Work closely with accounting and programmatic staff to assess reasons or variances, ensure that the forecasts appropriately reflect expectations, and follow-up discussions are conducted.
• Coordinate periodic financial reporting process among HQ departments and field offices; provide special reports to senior financial, program, and executive staff
• Coordinate preparation of monthly and annual department and consolidated budgets and reports as well as proposal budgets and reforecasts;
• Review and assist in preparation of proposal/application budgets for federal and privately funded awards
• Coordinate preparation of external program reporting as required by federal agencies and private donors;
• Advise and support field office staff in financial management of City Year private and federal funds;
• Organize staff training in compliance with donor requirements, federal regulations, and City Year financial and procurement policies.
• Excellent financial management and analytical skills;
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of complex financial and accounting systems.
• Extensive experience in financial analysis, financial reporting, budget development and forecasting
• Knowledge and experience with use of federal funds and the application of OMB Circulars A-110, A-122, and A-133
• Superior organizational skills, ability to make sound financial decisions and business judgment, with demonstrated ability to present complex raw data in clear, compelling, and summarized formats for non-Finance professionals
• Proficiency in MS Office suite and financial reporting/budgeting tools/software required. Experience with CPM and ERP systems preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact successfully with all management levels
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or related field; CPA and MBA preferred
Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in budgeting, financial analysis and planning
Experience with non-profit or public sector preferred
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including health insurance, vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, flexible spending account and more.
Interested qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, references, & resume to:
City Year, Inc.
Sr. Financial Analyst Search
Attn: Lisa Lerma, Senior Manager of Talent Management
City Year is committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Download Full Job Description (PDF)