give a year. change the world.
The Corporate Partnerships Manager will work with members of City Year’s leadership team across departments and City Year sites to support development and marketing strategies to engage corporate sponsors and their employees, and assist in the day-to-day management of a comprehensive sponsorship program.
Reporting to the Director of National Corporate Partnerships, the Corporate Partnerships Manager will ensure that City Year meets the strategic objective of engaging the private sector in the national service agenda by building and maintaining integrated partnerships that advance the goals of both City Year and the partnering company. City Year seeks private sector investments in a range of areas that include financial resources, in-kind donations and private sector expertise. The successful account manager is someone who works well in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and team-based environment to support the management of existing partnerships with our National Leadership Sponsors; these include ARAMARK, Bank of America, Cisco, Comcast, CSX, Deloitte, Pepsi, and Walmart.
· Support the advancement of goals for both City Year and its corporate partners. Activities related to this responsibility include:
a. Developing programs to increase City Year awareness and support national recruitment and growth goals with each partner’s employees and customers;
b. Working with City Year development and program staff across the country to develop opportunities to integrate City Year with partner events and activities;
c. Developing strong relationships with corporate partner contacts;
d. Creating and maintaining communication and reporting vehicles with partner contacts; and
e. Preparing presentations and proposals for partners and City Year senior leadership staff
· Work closely with Director to manage day-to-day execution of the corporate partnership program according to specific expectations stated in the partnership contracts. Duties include:
a. Regular communication about and engagement of partners in City Year events and initiatives;
b. Coordinating partner visits to gain insight into City Year service;
c. Seamlessly integrating City Year staff involvement in aspects of the partnership (across departments and all levels of the organization as well as between City Year Headquarters and site offices);
d. Facilitating the contract renewal process between City Year leadership and the corporate partner’s leadership; and
e. Developing performance metrics for the partnership.
· Ensure accurate and timely data management for the Headquarters Development Department in Raiser’s Edge (existing Development database system) and Salesforce (new customer relationship management system currently in process of migration).
· As needed, contribute to and participate in general City Year activities and events including City Year’s annual staff training (Summer Academy) and City Year’s National Leadership Summit.
· At least 4-5 years of relationship and/or account management experience. Corporate account sales experience a plus but not required.
· Strong written and oral communication skills, especially marketing communications, sponsorship and/or donor communications. Strong presentation, negotiation and liaison skills are required. Demonstrated tact and diplomacy in difficult or sensitive situations.
· Experience working in an entrepreneurial, dynamic organization; managing multiple high-profile partners; interpreting and presenting data to multiple audiences; flexible, persistent and resilient; able to prioritize and take initiative in fast-paced, changing environment; enthusiastic with sense of humor.
· Flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable partnership needs, willingness to work outside standard established business hours, and a minimal amount (approximately 10%) of business travel are required.
· Ability to work with and build relationships with staff and sponsors located remotely.
· Orientation for problem solving and identifying and developing opportunities for expanded partnership.
· Passion and career interest in national service and social entrepreneurship.
· Understanding and appreciation of City Year’s mission, values and culture.
· Collaborative work style; teamwork orientation; ability and willingness to serve on or lead a team.
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suite. Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Communications, Business, Organizational Development or other relevant field.
Competitive Salary and Benefits Offered.
Qualified applicants should send a resume, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference “Corp Partner” in the Subject field of the email; or fax to 617-927-2687.
We are currently accepting applications on a rolling basis for the 2013-2014 corps year.